1207NOTBEST.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
gdMax, congrats on getting out and finding some items. I like the cross, that particualr cross meant something to someone at one point.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Do my eyes decieve me or is that the Lesner Bridge? It appears that you are hunting on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge side and looking across to where the DuckIn used to be. I used to eat at the restaurant across from it called "Henry's." Is it still there? If I am correct then you are at the mouth at the Lynnhaven river. I used to play Bocce Ball on the sandbar overlooking the bay at low tide. We would park off the side of of Tazewell Road, walk across Sandler's lot (ignore the no trespassing signs) and swim across the channel with bocce balls and beer bucket. Awesome memories. I could be wrong...but damn that looks like home.

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
henry's and duck inn

what do u remember about henry's...........what time frame -i know more than any human about henry's

yes....Lesner Bridge

Attachments

• D U C K  INN.jpg
    D U C K INN.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 101
  • LAND - Copy.jpg
    LAND - Copy.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 90

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The giant aquarium for one. We used to go there every year for mother's day brunch. Time frame... '86 to '97. Nice pictures. There used to be a hotel off of 66th-67th. Ever try metal detecting off that beach? It is so far of the boardwalk others may not have bothered to try there. Also, the beach at Seashore State Park would be interesting to try as well.

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
henrys

The giant aquarium for one. We used to go there every year for mother's day brunch. Time frame... '86 to '97. Nice pictures. There used to be a hotel off of 66th-67th. Ever try metal detecting off that beach? It is so far of the boardwalk others may not have bothered to try there. Also, the beach at Seashore State Park would be interesting to try as well.
the one pictured was sold in 1984 and torned down in 86 and the one with tall aquarium was built in its place. it stayed around for a few years....big place as you know - 450 seats - two levels, but after a spell it closed and remained closed for a spell and was sold at auction to a greek fellow next store at "Bubbas" for a shade over 1 million which was a great price, since the new place cost over 3million.
today it is called the "Lesner Inn" and is used for catering large parties/ weddings and whatevers - stays pretty busy.

the bridge is actually two as u know and a third is in the works, since the bay side bridge is in really bad shape and needs to be replaced.........when......no one knows for sure when.

the motel u refer to is now called Wyndham ..........58th street, but for years it was Ramada Inn. we hunt there from time to time.

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot...........the duck inn.............it was sold a few years back for like 6million and torn down and 500 condos were to be built there, but then the economy went to hell and nothing was /has been built. the gazbo remains and was to be used by the condo association when built. last month there was some survey work taking place....no clue for what.
we hunt there and all the way to seashore, but last 3 years they will not let us hunt on the park beach.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you got it covered. I went to school at FC, graduated in '97. I used to run cross country through Seashore. I know every single trail backwards and fowards. I haven't been there in over 10 years but I could still draw you a map. One of these days I'll make it back up there and bring the detector with me. Thanks for the update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread