Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected 80 hunts this year - I broke personal records in some depts. - fell short in others
but a lot of it had to do with where I hit - and where i didnt hit

I found 72 gold rings (1 returned - so 71 in pic) - personal best for me
1casp2012.JPG 2casp2012.JPG
other gold
3casp012.JPG
silver (upper 39) and junk rings (bottom)
3casp39sil.JPG
other silver
3caspsil.JPG
silver coins ( all from water except 1 Barber half from a farmfield)
12 halfs this year - 10 were silver - personal record
4casp.JPG
other old coins
14casp.JPG
coins for the year
1caspr.JPG 2caspr.JPG
coins from mexico trip
3casp.JPG
old beach tags - old bathing suit buckles and swim cap snaps
all signs that lead me to "old" gold and old coins
casp15.JPG
religious medals
10casp.JPG
keys (forgot to put in huge skeleton key)
9casp.JPG
cracker jack toys (I think these are cool)
7casp.JPG
musketballs and minie balls( I found most at one spot but found some at 7 beaches in 3 states and 2 dirty ones were found near a CW battle site)
12casp.JPG
junk earings
casp14.JPG
just some of the lures
casp13.JPG casp12.JPG
and the sinkers
5casp.JPG 5casp2.JPG
sunglasses - low count because I hit older areas and fishing areas (that used to be swimming areas)
6casp.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Average..... wow where does that put the rest of us??? I hunted a lot of days this year.... not every day but a lot of days. I think i ended the year with 65. You just find some incredible.... incredible rings. Maybe i need a job ( :censored: that) .... ya right. You and your crew..... i wouldnt call average hunter. I think you fall into the 10 percent that get 90 percent of the gold. Once again .... great year.

Dew

2011 I think I got a dozen gold - got alot of silver but I was real lazy - maybe got out 30 times
I have had real good years and so so years
I may average 20-30 pieces of gold jewelry (which would put me in the middle i would think)
- so I had an above average yr - i got my butt out there more and change my attack of the water this year too
Flickr: casperther's Photostream
some pics of previous years (some yrs I returned 2 - 5 rings so those would be missing from the pics too)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper don't you live several miles from the beach? Seems like I seen you drive a few hours to hunt most places? And Night work, Good, because not many around, but hard on your body...

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper don't you live several miles from the beach? Seems like I seen you drive a few hours to hunt most places? And Night work, Good, because not many around, but hard on your body...

I travel 2 to 2 1/2 to get to alot of the beaches i did good at (Whydah lives 2 hrs away)
Ct. beachs are 1 1/2 to 2 hrs for me
and RI beaches are 2 hrs away
so I spent a lot on gas and I spent many long weekends down his way
so spent $70+ a night on rooms - so the gold did not come cheap
luckily with the high price of gold - it made it worth while - plus this is my only hobby really now - I dont drink - dont use drugs -
detecting is my only vice = been in the HOBBY since age 12 in 1975
I got a few easy ones - but most I worked hard to get - I swallowed alot of water this year
if you look at my album for 2012 - you'll see I had many multiple gold hunts - which is why I did so good
I did a lot of scooping
I drink a lot of those 5 hr power drinks to make the drives and to get me thru the days sometimes
another thing people dont realize
some areas of New England have bays and coves where the tides are off from the big beaches areas - so I can hit a low in one spot at 7am - then drive 1 or 2 hrs to another and catch its low at 2 pm then drive back and hit the Pm low again at 7 pm
then the next week the one with the 2pm low tide will be at 7am and 7pm - so in the summer we can hit 3 low tide most days if we chose - where lets says Fla, - low tide is 12 noon - you can only hit one low
I can hit a RI bch at sun rise and then drive to a spot on the Cape and hit midday low there then drive back to RI or Ct and hit sunset low - this worked good for me
thankfully I have a girlfriend that loves driving too and 50%of the time she is my driver - which helps too

Last edited:

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
awesome collection of Gold. Glad I witnessed it .... You worked for it and also did a nice job keeping everything in baggies so that the rest of us could see it at the end of the year... Nice work...
here is a good example

I hit morning AM tide with Whydah at one spot - He got a huge gold
Pm tide that day we went to another beach and I got a huge gold
next morning we hit another AM spot and I got 2 gold
and then we moved to another spot for PM low where I got another 2 gold
and I think he got 1 too
so 2 days hunting BUT 4 hunts

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant forget this guy too
silman1.JPG

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treadmill, jogging, working the weights, diet, pushups, situps, winter aerobics, etc.,.....going to be tough to top 2012. :whip2: :laughing7: :thumbsup:

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats on a great year, LFG

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic year Casper! :thumbsup:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great year on gold! And it all started with the silverman! Congrats and thanks for sharing all those great hunts with us poor working souls who do not get out detecting nearly enough. You know, I live about the same distance from my beaches in N.C. and Va. so I have little excuse for not getting out there more often. So this is my new years resolution (although a little late ), to get my butt in gear and find more gold at the beach in 2013. So would you show us a video of your ring dance? By now you should have perfected it.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year on gold! And it all started with the silverman! Congrats and thanks for sharing all those great hunts with us poor working souls who do not get out detecting nearly enough. You know, I live about the same distance from my beaches in N.C. and Va. so I have little excuse for not getting out there more often. So this is my new years resolution (although a little late ), to get my butt in gear and find more gold at the beach in 2013. So would you show us a video of your ring dance? By now you should have perfected it.
ring dance in the water looks like just a lot of thrashing around - looks like a shark attack
and if you do it at the wrong time - it attracts the life guards

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! nice year. Which detector(s) did you use?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! nice year. Which detector(s) did you use?

I own 3 CZ-21s - there were responsible for all the gold
one hunt with Whydah my batteries died and I only had my old PI Pro as a back up and used it for a few hrs - and I did pretty good with it after not using it for like 5 yrs

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
You have had an amazing year. Congratulations.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is astounding, Casper! :wav:

I wish you an equally lucrative 2013!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread