1.3.13 Hunt

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
2013 is starting off really good with the Yen, not so good with the rings though. I was able to get out for the am and the pm low tides and did really well. I decided to try a new beach out. The good news was that it has a lot of targets, the bad news is it's mostly trash. I think if I can clean up the trash I should start finding rings. I LOVE my SandShark, but there will be a Minelab Excalibur in my quiver in the not to near future! My total for the two hunts...3 1/2 hours hunting. 6,560 Yen ($73.13 US) in clad. 2 nice silver rings stamped .925, a little junk chain, and a heavy plated cross draped with a snake, and a peace charm. The find of the day came in the afternoon hunt when I dug, what I thought was a gold diamond ring, upon further examination, its fake! It is segmented with elastic running though it!!!:BangHead:

I'm at about 40 hunts with no Gold rings, I do have 1 10Kt white Gold ring & 2 Platinum rings, I really want to find some gold here soon.

So for 3 hunts, with a total of 5 1/2 hours hunting, I dug 12,085 Yen. With today's exchange rate, that's $138.40US in clad. I can live with that! $25.16/hr to due what I love, at the beach, on a tropical Island, in the south Pacific, I'm loving 2013!!!! Enjoy

Attachments

• 1.3.13 easy Beach.JPG
    1.3.13 easy Beach.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start, the weather is terrible on the beaches here in West Coast Florida, you got a good start!! Congrats!

OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CSMPEREZ said:
Good start, the weather is terrible on the beaches here in West Coast Florida, you got a good start!! Congrats!

I started detecting in 1996 from Clearwater beach down to Long Boat. My first detector was a Excal 1000. I was shown the ropes by a guy named Les from Lakeland. At the time, Les and a guy named Steve and myself where the only guys hunting the extreme low winter tides in the water at Clearwater Beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread