Where to find gold on wet sand

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try low areas at low tide,or what is referred to as the (lane) are you hunting in or out of the water? many,many more places.You should get lots of help on this one.

Good luck 2 ya

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are certain parts of the sand you should look to find gold I have a feeling that I am searching the wrong part could someone please tell me which area of the wet sand to search.

Are you hunting Fresh, or Saltwater?

What Metal Detector are you using?

Generally, you look for depressions and low spots, hardpacked, black sand, and clay areas.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have found many gold rings just at the low tide line where the water meets the wet sand.

Lorraine

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
When I hunt the beaches, I find the alumilane, you would not want my advice. Great post though, I am looking forward to the answers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the beach and see where the people are, all beaches have zones where people go. I prefer to hunt waist deep to about 20 feet from waterline in wet sand at first, look for low areas, look for areas where there are heavier objects laying on surface, (shells rocks etc), look for tidal pools close to water line.... If and when you find a good target do a spiral search out from the good target for about 20 feet, like weight targets usually get deposited together unless it is a recent drop.... I once found 3 rings this way whre if I had dug the one and moved on down the beach I most likely would have missed the other 2.....

Loke Lorraine said, the low tide line where the water hits the shore is a great place to look, have found many there myself as well.... Remember people are in the water at high tide too, so look where the high tide line is and work back to wards the water from it......

One of the best things you can do is take the time to observe the beach, see where people congregate.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions