onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Update on My "Day of Day's" Post Yesterday

After having some time to clean that ring up, what I miss took for 18 and then a Kanji sign, is actually all Kanji. I took a photo of the stamp and emailed it to a friend who's wife is Japanese, and she said that is is not Kanji but a old form of Japanese writing. She said that it translated it means "Pure Gold". I showed it to someone else that said it looks like a old hand crafted Okinawan ring. It has two small silver flowers on the front of it.

I need to have it tested, but I believe now that it is 18 Grams of 24K "Pure Okinawan Gold"!!!

Attachments

• P1100353.JPG
    P1100353.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 154
  • P1100354.JPG
    P1100354.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Pure Gold Stamp.jpg
    Pure Gold Stamp.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JAD

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2012
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Excalibur II
Whites Dual Field PI
Garrett Pro Pointer x3
Primary Interest:
Beautiful rings! Congrats on your finds!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm
give.gif
give.gif
give.gif
give.gif
give.gif
give.gif
give.gif
Congratulations
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the update, onthespot.

Those rings are gorgeous!

Lorraine

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Your ring dates back prior to WWII. From my research after finding an old WWII Japanese dog tag at Yokota Air Base 1990's time frame. Knowing that all young Japaneese people going through school English writing and reading is required. So I ask the young house keeper to translate for me. She said she couldn't and that she had an old Mommasan house keeper that might be able to. With both of them talking to each other, the old Mommasan, translated to the younger one, and then told me the story of why the younger one wasn't able to translate the Japanese dog tag The written language was changed due to loosing (face) honor for the loss of WWII, it was mandated that the written language Kanji to be changed. As soft as 24K gold is, I would be really surprised that the ring would be in that outstanding shape, my nonprofessional guess is 22K. Outstanding rings! Wish I was there hunting with you!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! very nice. Congratulations.

OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I got a chance to take the ring to a Jewelers today, and he confirmed 24K. I also found out that my scale is 1/2 gram off. So it is only 17.5 grams of pure gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread