Weekends gold.... yellow and white

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Weekend's gold.... yellow and white

The vault finally opened or I finally learned how to listen better to what my machines were telling me.... Saturday I worked over the dry sand with the Gold Bug Pro and managed to find a gold bracelet. The bracelet is 13.7 grams, 14k with emeralds and real diamonds (one diamond is
missing). The clasp works perfectly and it has already been claimed by Mrs. Cliff. This bracelet is an almost identical match to the emerald diamond ring I found in November....also claimed by Mrs. Cliff.

First gold of 2013 and the first gold for the Gold Bug Pro. (Hunted exclusively in the all metal mode)

Today, Sunday, I decided to play in the water when the sun came up....after about 4 hours, I was cold from the water and my arm was starting to quit on me after two days of hunting. I started to make a bee line to the other end of the beach where I parked and after about a half mile of slow swinging with only three nulls along the way, I had one of those whispers or as I say a slight deviation in the threshold. I put the Excal in Disc and got multi tones, back to PP and it was there but I couldn't really pinpoint it. The tone was more of a lack of threshold instead of a booming sound like you would get with clad. So I dig and dig some more and now it wasn't there anymore..... so I check my piles from dumping the scoop and now I have a booming hit in pinpoint. Ok, its was a deep quarter.... wrong......... its a ring that looks like one of those new
metals..... so with these bad eyes, I look it over and can see lots of ingraving in it.... but can't tell what it says. Time to quit, get to the car and get out the lope.... 14k White gold.....7.2 grams. First gold ring of 2013 for me.

Pics show the bracelet with the Emerald Diamond ring I found in November and the ring from today.

HH
Cliff

Attachments

• 2013-02-10 11.23.28.jpg
    2013-02-10 11.23.28.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 396
  • 2013-02-09 13.32.jpg
    2013-02-09 13.32.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beautiful finds, cdv1, and I appreciate your description of the various sounds and how you "honed in " on that treasure

Lorraine

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cliff

[Did a nice job finding some nice stuff keep up the good work, HH harold:headbang:

QUOTE=cdv1;3160536]The vault finally opened or I finally learned how to listen better to what my machines were telling me.... Saturday I worked over the dry sand with the Gold Bug Pro and managed to find a gold bracelet. The bracelet is 13.7 grams, 14k with emeralds and real diamonds (one diamond is
missing). The clasp works perfectly and it has already been claimed by Mrs. Cliff. This bracelet is an almost identical match to the emerald diamond ring I found in November....also claimed by Mrs. Cliff.

First gold of 2013 and the first gold for the Gold Bug Pro. (Hunted exclusively in the all metal mode)

Today, Sunday, I decided to play in the water when the sun came up....after about 4 hours, I was cold from the water and my arm was starting to quit on me after two days of hunting. I started to make a bee line to the other end of the beach where I parked and after about a half mile of slow swinging with only three nulls along the way, I had one of those whispers or as I say a slight deviation in the threshold. I put the Excal in Disc and got multi tones, back to PP and it was there but I couldn't really pinpoint it. The tone was more of a lack of threshold instead of a booming sound like you would get with clad. So I dig and dig some more and now it wasn't there anymore..... so I check my piles from dumping the scoop and now I have a booming hit in pinpoint. Ok, its was a deep quarter.... wrong......... its a ring that looks like one of those new
metals..... so with these bad eyes, I look it over and can see lots of ingraving in it.... but can't tell what it says. Time to quit, get to the car and get out the lope.... 14k White gold.....7.2 grams. First gold ring of 2013 for me.

Pics show the bracelet with the Emerald Diamond ring I found in November and the ring from today.

HH
Cliff[/QUOTE]

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is too cool. Gives me hope. Today it was so meager, not many sounds. Good for you!!

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I "captured" you this morning. :D Nice find!

Attachments

• 1360501201.jpg
    1360501201.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 220

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...some beautiful finds. Congrats.

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Congratulations that bracelet would take center stage.Emeralds and gold are one of the things I would love to find. Once again:headbang:

CachePete

Greenie
May 28, 2007
Taneytown Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/Excalibur 1000/Whites Prizm!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day with rewards at home. We can't wait to hit the beach this summer. We went out today in a frozen Farmer's field,found 4 pieces of farming equipment. But we were turning dirt and happy! Congrats again on your finds. Awesome Day!!:coffee2:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck yes great finds!!! Is Mrs. Cliff a member here or did you find someones lost jewelry? Keep up the good work, obviously you're doing something right!!!:)

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I believe I "captured" you this morning. :D Nice find!

Kindof looks like someone I know.......If I knew you were watching I'd have smiled for the camera.... guess I can hunt but can't hide.......:dontknow:

Cliff

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vault finally opened or I finally learned how to listen better to what my machines were telling me.... Saturday I worked over the dry sand with the Gold Bug Pro and managed to find a gold bracelet. The bracelet is 13.7 grams, 14k with emeralds and real diamonds (one diamond is

metals..... so with these bad eyes, I look it over and can see lots of ingraving in it.... but can't tell what it says. Time to quit, get. to the car and get out the lope.... 14k White gold.....7.2 grams. First gold ring of 2013 for me.

HH
Cliff

Ohhh! Lucky Mrs Cliff !! Way to go....

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Congratulations Cliff!! I needed a few more days of hunting at the beach when I was down there last month. But alas, only about $3 in change and a few junk pieces of jewelry. You did real good! Bleassings, Beach Papa

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two very nice finds...wtg...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread