bad weather?

jennyrichards

Feb 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No bad weather, its the time to generate some new ideas for sharing. So we need to have good topics for that.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No bad weather, its the time to generate some new ideas for sharing. So we need to have good topics for that.

I think the substantial increase in hunters is playing a role in the lack of posted finds. I know several hunters who are still making good finds but have stopped posting their finds due to the noticeable increase in competition. Sadly, there's often a price to be paid for sharing too much now. I think silence is probably becoming golden again.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in the NJ I have not been out since January 21st due to time constraints and weather. Today we are hitting 50 degrees out so I plan on going out at lunchtime and see what the ground is like. Gets cold again starting tomorrow with possible snow.

HH

NJ

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the substantial increase in hunters is playing a role in the lack of posted finds. I know several hunters who are still making good finds but have stopped posting their finds due to the noticeable increase in competition. Sadly, there's often a price to be paid for sharing too much now. I think silence is probably becoming golden again.
agreed.gif
That exactly my friend
exactly.gif
goodluck.gif

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But i have another opinion, if the treasure is easy to find, there will be everybody have his treasure
fall-leaves.gif

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hamid,
How much of an increase in the competition have you seen on the beaches you hunt in the last few years? Here is the U.S. I'm guessing about a 200-300% increase in just the last 3 to 5 years or so.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all the shows it will only increase the competition not that I mind it...I like a good challege plus most people will not stick with it. They think they will go out and get rich right away then when they go out a few times find nothing and are not willing to put the time in to really learn their machines it will go right in the closet or on craigs list. There is enough treasure out there for everyone.

NJ

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop
Here over 60 hunters now or more that(summer probably 100 hunters + people tourism) in one beach
Happy hunting:metaldetector:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2003, i was hunt alone:laughing7:
The now over 100 hunters in one beach:occasion14:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the competition
That is the true: Here, in 2003 i was hunt in the beach alone, i found many many coins usables, 20 silver rings and 2 gold rings it was finds of one year:BangHead:
When will be the competition, i found many Gold and silver and just litle coins usable.
The now i hunt alone, when there is not any hunter in the beach and i like to hunt between the holes.
The diamond is always diamond and the gold is always gold.
Happy hunting
stars.gif

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A real nice Northwester would be nice with 6 to 8 foot waves along The Gulf coast of FL.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

AMEN!!

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With all the shows it will only increase the competition not that I mind it...I like a good challege plus most people will not stick with it. They think they will go out and get rich right away then when they go out a few times find nothing and are not willing to put the time in to really learn their machines it will go right in the closet or on craigs list. There is enough treasure out there for everyone.

NJ

That may be true for some parts of the country, however for this part of Fl where we posted how much gold was here to be found for years, we ruined our own hunting. I hunted for 5 hours the other day on what "use" to be very productive beaches for a dime and two pennies and there was some nice 4 foot deep troughs. I for one no longer post and have changed my name and location on my profile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread