**********TCMETALDETECTORS**********

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just curious how many here have placed an order through tcmetaldetectors? I ordered grey ghost headphones from the internet site 2 almost 3 weeks ago and have not received my product. There is no pending transaction in my account either. I emailed the person and they assured me that the product was out of stock and it would ship on the 4th of February. Anyways, maybe someone else here on the beach and shallow water forum has had a similar occurrence?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Surprise , They do not appear top be a sponsor of treasureNet

Support our sponsors, don't end up in fear

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was warned away from them years ago for the same reason.

Cancel your order and call BigBoyHobbies.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!! I have not heard anything good about them.. Cancel your order, call your credit card co., and hope for the best.. Then call a sponsor on this forum.. You will then be assured of a great transaction

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they went out of business. The owner used to advertise here if I remember right and maybe they are trying to come back. I forget the owner's name. He may have to get the headphones from Detector Pro first and that might be the hold up. If they advertised in Western & Eastern Treasures it might be an older issue you used. Big Boy Hobbies is great.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all who either stopped to read or reply. "Tony" did actually call me and explain his excuse/ reason for not shipping the product in which I ordered through him. I cancelled the order and everything worked out well..... Just wish I had my product as I really did want those underwater grey ghost headphones to upgrade my stock headphones. I am still new to forums/ sponsors..... is there a list here or? A few suggestions as to where I should order my headphones have already been given. I will check out the sponsors!!!

To a moderator: I kind of feel bad for sort of "blasting" this company since the guy did call me and things worked out. Should I leave this for others to read or just delete it? The thing is I wonder if he contacted me only because in an email I mentioned that I am in the Navy and that I had a vast amount of resources at my disposal for legal action if needed and also that I was going to report him to the BBB.

To others: Has anybody here replaced the headphones? Do the headphones come with the bulkhead adapter? Would I be able to use the adapter that is already in place, or would another one need to be used for watertight integrity?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let you decide on the thread's longevity

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove out to his place before he moved seemed like a Stand up guy to me.
Maybe he changed since then?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Suggestion, wait about 3 months. New UWGG coming. I'll be testing them soon. Or if you can wait a year for the Best, Skullies.

If you go with the UWGG now still not a bad choice. To install them you have to pull the wire from the endcap, and epoxy the new in....or you can go the Peltor mode....Gut the stock and put that in the peltors. Just becareful not to nick the coiled wire.

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since my brother and I had trouble making contact with our local metal detector shop (a sponsor), we took a ride to TC this past summer. He operates out of a building at his home that is chock full of inventory, mostly mid priced minelabs, and accessories. He was friendly and knowlegeable, and his prices were reasonable. While we were there, he took back a whites v3 that the customer found too complicated, and exchanged it for a less expensive, easier to use machine. So he is willing to work with you. Not sure how his internet business works, but he definitely is still in business.

Skidder

Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes he's still there. He works out of his garage. It really is a place of business he just has a regular job I believe. Call and he will get back to you. He lives a few towns away from me. I've rented Mds from him before I purchased.

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
skullies are on my want list :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread