gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the beach! Look at post here,and try to figure out the sand,good luck.

OP
OP
N

neville_hunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
I've been to the beach a few hours a day for the past few days all I've found we're some pennies and fishing weights. Is there a part of the beach that's better to look then other areas?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome
sign0016.gif
Happy hunting
mds.gif

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hang out where the people are or have been :hello: Slow down and listen to the detector,Good luck

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately it's like any other type of hunting. Read all you can, learn all you can, and spend 'a ton" of time on the beach doing your research and learning all you can about it. "Knowledge" is the key to finding more goodies and that knowledge can only come with time.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Neville, what detector are you using?

Lorraine

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
The best part of the beach is where there is the least amount of sand and where the most people have been. There are not really any hot spots that you do not already know about. Jacksonville and Daytona have way more people on the beach than we do. Read on this forum for 100 hours then go to the beach and try out what you have learned for 50+ hours. If you are finding anything right now to dig, you are doing ok.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best part of the beach is where there is the least amount of sand and where the most people have been. There are not really any hot spots that you do not already know about. Jacksonville and Daytona have way more people on the beach than we do. Read on this forum for 100 hours then go to the beach and try out what you have learned for 50+ hours. If you are finding anything right now to dig, you are doing ok.

You are so right. I've got the hours! There is so much sand now. I dug a dime at seemed like 2 feet two days ago with the Sov Gt. The state park to maybe about 10th st. is renourished sand. There are crowds of people at all the beach ramps in the warm months. You know the goods are there somewhere. Have to get the Excal in the water! Good luck and it helps to be tenacious!:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread