The Treasure Gods must of be laughing!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovered a ravine with what appeared to be a few small puddles of fresh water between an upper cut and reverse hump last night. Did not dig, as it was getting dark and I wanted to be sure that it was not polluted.

Returned this morning to check it out this morning at high tide. The ravine had changed to a small pond which could be detected without wading by working it from the higher sides.

Initially, it did not look promising, as I found several large pieces of can slaw. But there it was : my first ever sapphire blue pull tab in mint condition. I gave it to my grandson, who thought it was cool, and is looking forward to the rarer black pearl -no, coral -no, pull tab - of course). A orange one would even be better as a centerpiece for a puka shell Leigh. What a thrill - the treasure hunting god's must of been happy.

I also found a bag of fresh shrimp by a log, which I took to the lagoon for my companions who usually follow me as I sweep: Bon Appetite for these friends - mo betta than the usual grinds displaced by the sweeping coil and the residue from the occasional digs.

Went around the point and tried the upper dry sand near the entrance of a local resort. Found numerous corroded zinc pennies and one clad dime (a greenie). All I could figure out from this was that either it was not worth detecting there or the tourist(s) were worse off than I.

Sorry, I am not able to share pictures of this adventure and treasure(s) found with you But after the recent price increase by Mine Lab for the Excalibur II, a camera is no longer a possibility. I simply have not been able to find enough pull tabs and copper clad pennies to justify this expense. Hopefully, that will change soon, as this is the hobby - which pays for itself, or so the dealers and manufacturers croon.

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank everyone else is laughing too about all this fuss over a Blue pull tab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread