"Lord of the Rings" by Cape Cod Times / Ocean finds - A MUST view

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Be sure to read the article and view the video!
By popular demand I am posting the following links:

Article Link:
Yarmouth man finds class rings buried in Cape waters | CapeCodOnline.com

Some of the items on the tray in the article are: 1773 8 reales, 1897 silver dollar, 1934 half dollar, sand castle windows, spark plug, pocket knives, silver bracelet, silver cross, 1890's Packer's Shampoo bottle neck with stopper, lead soldier and wagon wheel, 1898 A.O.U.W. award, poker chips, square nails and lead bullets all retrieved from the ocean.

Youtube Link:

What a wonderful hobby for the past 30 years…I’d love to go another 30…Thanks to all that have supported me and the hobby. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome - just wonder how many new hunters you will now see at that spot

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That why you don't tell people where you are finding your Gold because when you do everyone will flock there to see what you missed . So if you tell remember it's your fault you can't find any thing there any more !!!!!!!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job on all the returns, And continue the Adventure....Sure is some calm water.......be safe.......

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Rick, you are on a roll buddy, hoping you don't get to many guys trying to get to your spot now that it's out...SECRET'S are better...

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Keep pulling them rings:icon_king:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that you in the video?

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
The timing on the ring could not have been better, and a great ring at that!!!

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Secrets are better ? I know where a few of you hunt and know how productive those secret spots are because its posted on this site . I don't post my finds because they are secret ! Remember six degrees of separation ! And I'm not one to go to your secret spot I have my own .

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Secrets are better ? I know where a few of you hunt and know how productive those secret spots are because its posted on this site . I don't post my finds because they are secret ! Remember six degrees of separation ! And I'm not one to go to your secret spot I have my own .
After 40 yrs of being a fishing guide I know there is no such thing as a secret spot you just havent beeen there when sombudy else has.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Af
ter 40 yrs of being a fishing guide I know there is no such thing as a secret spot you just havent beeen there when sombudy else has.
I agree Baywalker, For those who say this is my beach or my secert spot...."There has been many before you and there will be many after you"....No Place will every be hunted out, specially in the water with the constant changes.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long gone are the days when only a few were doing this.
Long gone are the days when only a few were doing this with quality machines.
Thank heaven the beach is always churning and changing.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rick.:icon_thumright:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow arn't we all getting philosophical.

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baywalker and OBN I Agree with you both no place is secret and someone was there before you and will be there after you leave .

OP
OP
WaterWalker

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
One year later and my "SECRET" spot is still there and I have not seen 100s of new detectorist, not even 1. Besides what I found is no longer there. One could hunt for hours and never hit the glory hole, which is not there now. It either has been cleaned out or it has moved with the sand.

Yes I can see keeping a well producing area quiet until you no longer want to keep going back because you are not finding treasure. I have done that with a few areas. Areas that produced over 100 rings, 60 rings and another that gave up a 1.5c diamond. Were they secret areas - NO they were public swimming beaches. There is one beach a good friend took me to, he ask me not to mention where he and now we did so well. That was over 6 years ago, it is still producing old items including gold. I have yet to tell anyone about the area even though it is a public beach. I know others have been there, detected and not gone back. My friend is still doing well at getting the old stuff. I would welcome ANYONE who came my way and even take them to my favorite beaches. Metal detecting is my hobby and not a cut throat competition.

Friendship is more important to me than a piece of heavy metal.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

OP
OP
WaterWalker

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Ok im gonna tell you guys my secret spot. SOUTH BEACH. Wait im not gonna post this......oh no I hit send. Noooooo. Damit Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread