dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last few hunts it has been acting a little cranky lately. Lots of fault-sing that seemed to be getting worse. Talking with Felix he told me when I send it in with a note to "salt water calibration". I've never heard of that before. I got my machine (2nd one) straight from them back last May and figured it is what it is. I guess they now have a fresh water and salt water calibration. Hopefully it won't take long to fix and get back. For now the Sand Shark is up to bat while the CZ is on injured reserve.
DC

Upvote 0

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Hopefully it will be back in a short time. Mine was returned pretty quickly. Is yours still under the 2 year warranty?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the Fedex guy know that the CZ-21 has a built in Salt Water mode? Fisher Tech's won't dial in anymore disc on you even if they know your going to use in in salt water.

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup still under warranty.
Dew you're funny......
SANDMAN, NOT SURE WHAT YOUR POST MEANS....

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandman probably meant to say felix? cz has a saltwater mode and a normal mode. your detectors salt mode or salt switch is probably bad.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water temp and current flow can often cause an increased "touchiness" like you're talking about as well. Just the addition of ripples of soft sand can also cause this increased touchiness when hunting in saltwater. Next to your coil ears there are two rubber compression washers, one on each side, if they get worn the coil will also start to waver in the water which can also cause a bit of increased instability. Not saying any of this is your problem but they are common issues that I have run into quite often when hunting at fairly hot/high settings. This same type issue can also become more pronounced the deeper you wade due to increased stability issues at the coil. And last, the introduction of a new source of EMI in the area can cause this same issue, just had this happen to me in one of my normal hunting areas recently.

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water temp and current flow can often cause an increased "touchiness" like you're talking about as well. Just the addition of ripples of soft sand can also cause this increased touchiness when hunting in saltwater. Next to your coil ears there are two rubber compression washers, one on each side, if they get worn the coil will also start to waver in the water which can also cause a bit of increased instability. Not saying any of this is your problem but they are common issues that I have run into quite often when hunting at fairly hot/high settings. This same type issue can also become more pronounced the deeper you wade due to increased stability issues at the coil. And last, the introduction of a new source of EMI in the area can cause this same issue, just had this happen to me in one of my normal hunting areas recently.

I had this problem with the Sand Shark and it turned out to be a cracked coil amongst other things. With thCZ it primarily happens swinging over dry sand regardless of GB. It still does it over wet sand and sometimes in the water. This just started about 6 weeks ago.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dc , I have a couple of cz21s and one does false (8 in coil) and the other does not (10 coil) .Sent it in and Felix said there was nothing wrong with it . As I recall when I saw your detector it was the 8 " model that will false in the discriminate mode...

OP
OP
dc426

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks herb, mine will false in all modes. Boy I'm hating the sand shark. Can't wait for the cz to get back!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread