Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a question. Why do must MDers detect early morning or evening?

To detect before or after the crowds are there. And it's cooler in the summer. For me, it's just like deer hunting, detect when you can, but early AM and later PM is best.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So today was the first time ive ever MD at the beach. Didnt find anything but trash but had fun doing it. I do have a question. Why do must MDers detect early morning or evening?

Use no discrimination/all metal, go very slowly, and find pull tabs/nickels, and gold will appear! slowly is way no rush. 20130222_112827.jpg 20130306_154937.jpg

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today was the first time ive ever MD at the beach. Didnt find anything but trash but had fun doing it. I do have a question. Why do must MDers detect early morning or evening?

The early bird gets the worm. We have at least 50 individuals, per day, which run the main beaches here. If your not one of the first out, snooze ya lose!
Of course beating the sun beat down, is also a plus.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Try to hunt in a zig zag pattern with zero discrimination. You start digging trash or coins and after a while look behind you and you'll see a line of your holes and that's where the goodies are falling in at. Then focus on some distance object and try hunting for 50 yards for any hits or resume zig zag. Also in fyou see another TH'er goose stepping down the beach swinging his detector, I've followed guys like that because usually they are running max discrimination and only popping dimes and Quarters leaving any gold or nickles behind.
:icon_thumright:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Try to detect before those beach cleaning machines take it all . Rumor has it that more than one fistfight has happened among the drivers of those machines when unloading and that big gold chain starts flashing in front of their eyes ...

OP
OP
bigred7469

bigred7469

Feb 26, 2013
Atsugi, Japan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
How often do they clean the beaches? Nightly, weekly or does it depend on the time of year

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice on the zig zag pattern on a new beach that's what I do. Also try to remember what hole held the good stuff should be a pattern there. Good luck and have fun

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
How often do they clean the beaches? Nightly, weekly or does it depend on the time of year
Depends . On my local beaches it seems they stay busy all the time...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what the beach rakes pick up...coins, rings, cigarette butts, cans...everything?...how deep.

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
From what I know top three inches it about what it appears sifts all out like a golf ball pick up machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread