East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted yesterday 7 hours. I was pleased overall with the hunt as most finds were 12"+ deep. Managed my first silver with the new CTX. Just a little Claddish ring but it is a keeper. No gold yet for the CTX. I got $3.39 in change, couple of lead weights and a junk chain and cross. Last month at another beach I found my first gold for 2013 with an Aquasound Detector. Just a little 10k white gold with sapphires and diamond chips. It is actually corroded and pitted some so it was in Davie Jones locker for a while. Still very sanded in at all the local beaches around here, so gold may be elusive until new depositors start getting into the water. Happy Hunting to all. Beach Papa

Attachments

• Beach Treasures 001.JPG
    Beach Treasures 001.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Beach Treasures 005.JPG
    Beach Treasures 005.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 132
  • treasure 008.JPG
    treasure 008.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sapphire ring is a beauty! Nice looking piece, I'm a fan of sapphires.

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
You had a much better day than I have had some days out here on the Southern California beaches. You mentioned 12"+ depths on many of your finds. I was wondering if you are using the standard 11" coil? I also have the CTX 3030, and am still getting used to all of its features. I bought all three coils and am still experiementing with them. Sadly, many of our beaches were "replentished" with dredged sand this year, which really ruined much of the metal detectiong for the time being. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Beach Papa

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
I was using the 13" x 17" coil on the silver ring. I am still learning how to pin point on the big coil. On the sapphire I was using an 11" Aquasound land coil in the wet sand. I found the sapphire at night, and I think it was only 6" - 8" deep. Happy Huting. Beach Papa

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Well now, nice finds from both detectors..... that can only lead to one problem.....which one do I take today......LOL Great job, keep up the good work, conditions will change soon on the beaches.

Cliff

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Yikes, Beach Papa! I needed sunglasses to view that gorgeous sapphire ring!:hello2:

Claddagh is a beauty!

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread