WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DISCUSS.........

OP
OP
K

kirby

I'LL BE LEAVING IN OCT FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEN AGAIN IN NOV FOR TWO WEEKS.

S

srdraftcad

Hi Kirby

Do you like to see this first...http://www.geocities.com/discvres/ then send me a post in reference you first post

"WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DISCUSS BEACH AND WATER HUNTING IN THE CARRIBEAN OR ANYWHERE ELSE ABROAD?

OP
OP
K

kirby

MONA ISLAND

I'VE READ A FEW ARTICLES ON MONA ISLAND......INTERESTING. I TAKE IT YOUR FROM P.R. DO HAVE ANY INFO ON CULEBRA ISLAND? I'LL BE THERE FOR A WEEK IN NOV. THANKS, KIRBY

S

srdraftcad

Hi Kirby

If you go to Culebra..I just like you enjoy of "Flamenco Beach" because according with Travel channel it is one of the World's best beaches. In reference to detecting there, I don't recommend to detect in Flamenco because this beach it was used for the U.S. Navy during 60's for Military shooting practice and still you can find bomb shell actived under sand..!Be careful! do not detect! and you can find a lots a Barracuda 6' long in shallow waters.

OP
OP
K

kirby

Culebra

Thanks for the tip.....I knew from research that it was used as a firing range, i'll be extra careful. but with more than 2000 people visiting the Island on weekends and holidays I feel that this will be pretty much virgin ground and I plan to hit more than just Flemenco. Again thanks for the info. I'll post my finds when I return in Nov, unless I find something that goes BOOM!

Kirby

S

srdraftcad

hi Kirby

Cool! kirby...post them up as soon you can to see the pics.

Tips!....When you detect in Flamenco beach, do it in discrimination mode, you won't bother about iron items like bomb shell or something!

OP
OP
K

kirby

Again, thanks for your help. In Nov after Culebra I will also be heading down Island to Margarita Island, Grenada, Aruba and St Maarten, any ideas for these areas????? I've been to these places before but without a MD. Thanks again, Kirby

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Kirby, If you're going to Mona Island you should know that it is a National Park and there are guards on the island. I spent a week there in the early 70's. It's quite a place.

S

srdraftcad

Old Man

Mona it is not a National Park. Mona Island is a Natural Santuary to be preserved by the Puerto Rican Goverment. I'd spent my whole live going there, I lived in Puerto Rico for almost my whole live (even I was born in Puerto Rico)and Mona Island isn't a National Park, That island belong to the Natural Resource Dept. of Puerto Rico (Departamento de Recursos Naturales de Puerto Rico) they have control over that Island putting rules about camping and hunting. If there is a person that know about that island It is myself. For more information check this web side out:

http://www.geocities.com/discvres

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Pardon me for the misinformation between a National Park and Natural Santuary, either way no metal detectors are allowed.

S

srdraftcad

Don't worry Old Man how I expressed. Apologize anyway.Only inside cave you are not permmited but you can detect on the beach. Anyway who gonna see you detecting there? Nobody is monitoring you.

S

srdraftcad

Old man

Do you think return someday to Mona Island ?

S

srdraftcad

Old Man

If you know any sort information about Mona Island and if you're interested to organize/participate in expedition to Mona Island soon,
let me know sending me a massage in private. I'm serious and I move forward.

OP
OP
K

kirby

IF A TRIP IS ORGANIZED TO MONA ISLAND.......CUT ME IN. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO GET OUT OF THE OFFICE.

KIRBY
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread