Water to cold ??

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so very much for sharing:icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen one similar a few years ago....will try and find it...here is the one review

Bought the Cypher heated vest in Oct of 2010. By Dec, it stopped working. I contacted Quiksilver, and true to their one year warranty, they sent me another. I used that one, but stopped when the water warmed up. This winter I started to use it again,... worked for awhile, but again it stopped working. I contacted Quiksilver again, but since it was over a year no one replied. I wasn't about to lay out another $200 bucks for a new one, when 2 failed. I decided to take it apart, and immediately found the problem. Both wires to the heating element were broken off. I was really surprised at how thin the 2 wires were. The designer obviously did not take into consideration the wear and tear the vest would take in normal use. (I did not abuse it at all, in fact, I was very careful handling it.) This is a great idea, but cheap manufacturing techniques makes it not ready for prime time. Save your money, until a new model, or other manufacturer comes out with something better Read more Less

Here is the one I had looked at some time ago, one made for wet and one made for drysuits...has good reviews. but both costly
Patco Scuba Gear & Patco Dive Equipment Reviews at Scuba.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that review - also read about 5 others last year of guys that thought it was fantastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread