Found a cannon and a Gold ring today from the cut !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that I have your attention....this is how it all went down today... Ever have one of those days you just can't get tuned in?... Today was just that for me... Started out freezing so I was dressed to the hilt... Then warmed up so fast I had to shed some stuff...Back to the truck to find a ticket on the winshield... @#$%^& Back down to the beach to find someone where I left off digging like a woodchuck and all I could think was he was getting the goodies... Started to hunt again and then my new Koss wireless Headpkones had a broken wire... I'll learn to use my Greyghost when I'm supposed to... Back to the truck again to make a phone call to see if I could borrow a pair from a friend that was supposed t me me... He said no problem I'm on my way... Back down the beach again... Just couldn't get tuned intoday... I didn't find silver till about 1:30 and I started at 10:00 am... I did find a nice little brass cannon, a Buffalo Nickel, and just when I was going to head for the truck a fourth time today I got a nice 14 K Signet ring... I love the new CTX 30 30... I will write a reveiw next week about this machine for those who are interested..... This makes 5 hunts and I have scored Gold on every outing except the second day out ..... Very Happy so far with the performance.... Cannon (1).JPG Cannon (7).JPG Cannon (8).JPG Cannon (10).JPG Cannon.JPG Ring 13.JPG Cannon (5).JPG

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beautiful ring find, Whydah!

Guess I'll have to go golfing with Hank when I get there ....there's nothing left for me to find! :laughing7:

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy with your post
goodpost.gif
and i congratulate on these finds
nicethread.gif

coolpics.gif
anim_63.gif

You are my hero in U.S
winner3.gif

ani_tiphat.gif
Happy hunting
goodluck.gif

SorryDangDog

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those walks back and forth to the truck are brutal. ~ Nice job saving the day! Some neat finds for sure.

Now that I have your attention....this is how it all went down today... Ever have one of those days you just can't get tuned in?... Today was just that for me... Started out freezing so I was dressed to the hilt... Then warmed up so fast I had to shed some stuff...Back to the truck to find a ticket on the winshield... @#$%^& Back down to the beach to find someone where I left off digging like a woodchuck and all I could think was he was getting the goodies... Started to hunt again and then my new Koss wireless Headpkones had a broken wire... I'll learn to use my Greyghost when I'm supposed to... Back to the truck again to make a phone call to see if I could borrow a pair from a friend that was supposed t me me... He said no problem I'm on my way... Back down the beach again... Just couldn't get tuned intoday... I didn't find silver till about 1:30 and I started at 10:00 am... I did find a nice little brass cannon, a Buffalo Nickel, and just when I was going to head for the truck a fourth time today I got a nice 14 K Signet ring... I love the new CTX 30 30... I will write a reveiw next week about this machine for those who are interested..... This makes 5 hunts and I have scored Gold on every outing except the second day out ..... Very Happy so far with the performance.... View attachment 772577 View attachment 772579 View attachment 772580 View attachment 772581 View attachment 772582 View attachment 772583 View attachment 772578

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Nice haul buddy, sucks about the ticket! :BangHead:

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job even if you were off a bit...

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, as usual! It's been quiet up here on the beaches, at least for me.

Love the ring. How much does it weigh?

Take care and "better luck next time"...:laughing7:

HH,
Anita

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Nice finds, as usual! It's been quiet up here on the beaches, at least for me.

Love the ring. How much does it weigh?

Take care and "better luck next time"...:laughing7:

HH,
Anita
It weighs 3.9 Grams... its a small one...but it sure looked prety laying in the sand after a long day..

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the tiny cannon, maybe theres a tiny shipwreck there!!!!
chuck.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring, that ctx is doing you proper .
Don't get caught in Jersey with that Cannon! LOL!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
well after I cleaned up that little cannon, it turns out that I guess it does fire !..It has a touch hole in the end of it... I am NOT going to test it though.... I am thinking that maybe the brass would be soft after many years in the water... Cool little toy though...Gonna built a turret for it...

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 2,minelab sov., whites surfmaster. tesoro.equinox 800
Primary Interest:
cool stuff leighton, nice ring!. My spot is filling in fast. the cannon is way cool. congrats. bob.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread