lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again:hello:

Can't waste that sun sitting in the house ...off to the beach for a few hours.

This post is another "On my way back to the car" story:

Hunted wet sand slope for a couple of hours as tide was coming in, and worked my way up to the dry sand, which is where I dug out the 925 very tarnished necklace /pendant.

Don't usually do much dry sand detecting, but I know that the beach trucks have been moving sand around the beaches regularly since Sandy, and sometimes there are treasures to be found in this displaced sand.

This find was on the final row of my hunt as I was heading for the car to pick up Hank from golfing.

At first glance I thought it was a wire with a lure at the end..it was soooooooooo tangled up, but then I saw the stone in the center
( nothing special...just glass , I think).

Here's some pics.

Thanks again for looking.

Lorraine

DSCF2215.JPG

DSCF2218.JPG

DSCF2234.JPG

DSCF2224.JPG

DSCF2220.JPG

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice chain.:icon_thumright:

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Nice! I was going to hit the dry sand on the way back down and the bottom dropped out! Nice finds!

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding...I love those "last find of the day" finds!!!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I congratulate on these finds
sign_wow.gif
Thin silver chain
congrats.gif

index.php

Good luck next hunt the gold coming:treasurechest:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I wish I had your patience to detangle and clean finds. I have a "good keeper" box, a "it might be something box" and a "I'm not even gonna try box". keep up the great work.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Nice job! I wish I had your patience to detangle and clean finds. I have a "good keeper" box, a "it might be something box" and a "I'm not even gonna try box". keep up the great work.

I hear you, tnt-k9; my husband thinks it is a waste of time for me to clean jewelry that I plan on sending in to melt.

But I love challenges of any kind, and I tell Hank that as long as I am cooking his meals..while they are cooking, I will use the free time to "cook' my silver finds :laughing7:

I like to see what the jewelry ( even the junk stuff) may have looked like prior to being buried for so long a time in beach conditions. I'm strange that way??? 8-)

Lorraine

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find Lorraine, looking forward to you and Hank coming my way to hunt with us on the 24th. the weather is just starting to get better thank god and we are still finding some goodies,
I know I haven't been posting lately I decieded to wait until the cuts have sanded in and post a pile of stuff. I love my new CTX 3030, it's a great machine, Whydah bought one also and is happy
with it. see you soon Leprechaun.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread