Just ordered a Minelab Excalibur II 1000 !!!!!!!!!!

newnan76

Apr 20, 2007
Tampa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites DFX, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excalibur II
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first used my Excal 1000 I thought I made a mistake because of all the sounds. It sounded like a strangled duck. Soon though it all clicked since it nulls on iron except the anchors. Gold rings make a beautiful tone. You might find the threshold strange at first as when you go over iron, after the null the threshold comes back with a different tone. Just wave the coil over the scoop to reset it if you like. It won't make any difference when you go over a coin or ring as the tone will reset itself. Your going to love it.

The best of Luck.
Sandman:hello:

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello. If tou buy a straight shaft The carbon fiber has worked well for me. I bought a aluminumin straight shaft at first and switched to the carbon shaft. I bought a good nylon belt at cabelas and made a waist mount belt. If you get a short piece of 1/2 inch pvc, plastic nuts and bolts you can mount the unit to the belt and add a finds bag. I recomend if you are going to a waist mount, do that when you get the excal. the problem I ran into was after winding the coil wire to the stock shaft and then going to the belt mount. the coil wire would get all tangled up because it was tighty wound to the stock shaft. It took a long time for the wire to straighten out. When you use your excal go slow and low, and you will find the bling. Thanks Joe Another thing Spend the money on a good scoop and shaft Saving money will only cost you more in the end run.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andersons is a little pricy..... but you cant beat their carbon fiber rods... i suggest you get the lower shaft as well. The one that comes with the Xcal wears quickly and then begins eating the coil ears. When that happens your first thought is .... keep tightening the coil bolt. DONT.... if you do you will notice the ears are pulled in..... that can lead to coil separation on the bottom. Plugger also makes a good aluminum .... i love the bolts on his. Looks like you Tampa boys have another guy in the water this summer so move over. Congrats on your buy....

Dew

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn: I wish I knew that about the mine lab lower rod wearing earlier!
I imagine you will also save a little weight with a lower carbon fiber rod.
Double Darn: When I bought mine lab lower rods for the Sovereign so that I could change coils faster, I was not aware of the fast wear factor.,

I am over six foot and found the Anderson tall man straight rod the way to go.
It has great balance, easy to clean, and keeps the control pod out of the water,even when I am chest deep.
It is a little harder to get at the knobs because of it's lenght and slightly tippy but it sure beats walking around like Quasimoto (the hunchback of Notre-Dame)
after using the S shaft for several hours. I believe that mounting the control and battery pods on a shaft (straignt of S) is safer for shallow water hunting as you
don't have to worry about being entangled in the coil wire.

OP
OP
newnan76

newnan76

Apr 20, 2007
Tampa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites DFX, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excalibur II
Ordered the Plugger 3 piece travel shaft to throw the excal on!!!! oh, and got the Sunspot Stealth 720i scoop!!!!!! all coming on wednesday!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions