Brevard County Florida Banning Metal Detecting

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Brevard County Florida is trying to sneak a new law through that would stop all digging of holes on the beach. We need to ban together and fight this. It's just another way to stop metal detecting. The don't care that we fill in our holes and often remove dangerous garbage from the beaches.

Upvote 0

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where did you get this info from. I see people digging holes all the time - goes along with their sand castles and huge moats. All usually gone shortly afterwards though. What they should do is fine people for leaving their garbage like they do in Texas and put deposits on cans/bottles.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well put cubicleking:

In Hawaii deposits are collected on & bottles (water, pop, beer cans)
As their lobbies are strong, no deposits on are collected on wine & hard liquor containers.

How does Texas enforce fines (who writes the tickets) for leaving garbage on the beach?

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Law enforcement officials and game wardens. If you've ever been to Texas (I'm originally from there.) You will see signs all over the place, just as much as you do speeding limit signs. They say "Don't Mess with Texas. - up to $2000 fine for littering."

Just saw on a blog mentioning this about Brevard County issue and the digging of holes on the beaches. Sorry kids, leave your buckets and sand shovels at home. But, I see them left on the beach all the time. As much as they patrol the parking lots for unpaid parking meters, they should fine for littering. That will cleanup our beaches. "Holes" will be filled in with erosion and the next kid playing in it. MD's fill them in and they are much smaller.

Come on' Man.

(I gotta find the details about these holes.)

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hangingfor8,
they did this last year as far as I know! it was in the news and on the forums! the purpose and intent was to stop the digging of "unreasonably deep holes" , the kind that kids and spring breakers tend to dig and then leave. .....any hole that you could step into and injure yourself.

detectotist's that leave their holes open and do not concern themselves with the publics image of detecting , causing damage to a bicycle tire and rim , a tourists or locals ankle would probably also fall into this ticketable offense, and they should!!!
chuck.

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ok with a strict law for NOT filling holes-beach or any public place.

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
We are having this same issue up here in Marion County with all County Parks. Seems its spreading through G
Florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread