Are you ready for Hurricane Isabel?

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
lol... srdraftcad, maybe i'll see you out there with your LRL since you are too chicken to show me here, after of course Corsons inlet on sat and sun. Maybe OC and AC too......

8)

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll trade you guys an earthquake for a hurricane-- we could use something to turn the sand over instead of just shaking it 'til the gold settles out of reach! :lol:

OP
OP
S

srdraftcad

You said chiz

"srdraftcad, maybe i'll see you out there with your LRL since you are too chicken to show me here,"

The only thing that I going to show you it is my "3 eggs that I have between my legs..."[/quote]

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
No thanks idiot.... you can take your LRL and shove it, it prolly is worth more as a Butt plug then anything else... lol... further proof that you are full of it!!! Enough of that, go back to your rock.

Lab Rat.... I had a lot of success in Carlsbad when I lived in Oceanside plus if you can on Pendleton, what a great place to Hunt!!!!

Chiz 8)

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Thanks, Chiz-- I'll remember that next time I'm down there... I'm a little further North in the LA area (and would rather be in SD). I have friends who've done pretty well on the beaches you mention.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
If you make it down there... there is a little playground off a parking lot that is right by the beach, down from the cliff, it is where all the surfers hang out in the morning. That is where I had the best luck. Not to much luck in SD, but then again, I was just learning down there. I'll let you know when I am flying back out to SD, I could get you onto Camp Pendelton if needed, TONS of stuff there!!!

Chiz
8)

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it's not all unexploded bombs and ordinace? I'd hate to shove a screwdriver into one of those. There used to be an old bombing range on the hillsides in Kearney Mesa from the old camp Kearney that was a military training camp. After one too many kids stepped on ordinance and lost their arm, leg, or life, they called in US Army detectorists to survey the hills and remove all of this stuff so it would not be hurting people anymore.
Pendelton has tons of this stuff. Are you sure they'd let you even go anywhere with a detector (even being in the military)? We had a retired general in our club out here that tried to get us into MCRD and he couldn't.
Now this place has tons of housing on top of it. Never did get to get in there. Oh, well, I'm sure someone did.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
I lived in the Officers housing by the hospital for a couple years. The only places I was allowed to hunt were in the housing, Lake, rodeo and picnic areas. I didn't try to go anywhere else and nobody ever stopped me hunting the other areas. I'll look back in my paperwork, if I still have it, and find out who I got permission from.

Chiz
8)

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Thanks, Chiz-- sounds like an interesting place to go. Maybe the military was leery of having so many people out there at one time?

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Steve P here- Im stuck here in the middle,in Michigan between the west coast earthquakes and the east coast hurricanes- why do you guys get to have all the fun,while all we here in Mich. can do for excitement is debate on what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa? Maybe he is hanging around that burger king in Kalamazoo, Where Elvis was "sighted" a few years ago.

C

Charles, Oak Island, NC

you keep Jimmy I'll keep the huricanes

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve P. - I've seen a ton of things on this post and in Western and Eastern treasures that have come out of your area. I'd love to have the history that you guys have! The library is your best resource in Michigan for finding all that great stuff!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal mania said:
When is it due please

My guess would be the latter part of 2003. :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isabel made landfall on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with winds of 105 mph (165 km/h) on September 18, 2003. It quickly weakened over land and became extratropical over western Pennsylvania the next day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread