dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I was one of those Air Traffic Controllers that was forced to take some time off so I decided to take a little road trip to So. Fl. I headed to my sister's place in N. Ft. Lauderdale. Went out to John Loyd State park (because that's where my sister goes for peace and quiet). Surf was up and kick'n and there was just tons of trash on the beach. I quickly gave up and headed over to Dania beach pier where we had lunch and I was able to get in the water as the tide was heading way out. I spent the last 3.5 hours there and found lots of grey matter, some fishing lures and a bunch of clad.

The next day (Sunday) After lunch I headed to So. Beach with visions of gold dancing through my head. Well after battling for an hour to find parking I ended up just north of Nikki Beach Club. Tide was on it's way out but the surf was still a little cranky. All I can say is HOLY SMOKES the scenery on that beach was just amazing! Sorry no pictures. I found a ton of Clad, a few pairs of sun glasses and a really nice vintage scuba knife.

Monday morning headed over to the west coast and landed on Vanderbilt beach in Naples. Spent (wasted) several hours there and found only a trashed ladies watch and some clad. From there Headed to a middle island beach on Ft. Myers, nothing to speak of there but it sure was pretty. After that I made my way over to Sanibel. The current there was rip roaring and you could only wade in one direction. I did manage to find a nice 10K 3.10 men's white gold band.

I called it a day around 4pm and got a hotel on Ft. Myers beach. The light house inn right at the base of the bridge on the island side. Monday night just happened to be happy hour 2 for 1 at the tikki bar! Had dinner at the Yucatan and headed back to the tikki bar. The next morning I got up early and hit Ft. Myers main beach. Lots of clad, bullets and a few junk pieces of jewelry.

Spent about 3.5 hours hunting Ft. Myers beach until it started raining and surf started to kick up. Found some breakfast and checked out of the Lighthouse Inn and headed back to Clearwater. Overall had a killer time even though I didn't find a whole lot of goodies.

As you can see from the pictures the weather was just spectacular! I couldn't have asked for any better. Maybe less surf??

I have our Government to thank for this trip. If I didn't get forced off I would have never taken it! HH
DC

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip dc and you even got a gold ring...congrats...nice pictures...we really do live in paradise...see you in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread