OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my line of thinking.. but have not read specific legal language stating that.
It seems very important to me to define the term "beach" as it pertains to the law.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/beach

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have fresh water beaches.... In state of Florida I can hunt any ones private fresh water beach as long as I do not leave the water and step on their sand and I enter the location from the water side not their property...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha.. that makes sence..that would be state land.
I'm sort of questioning..tidal water along the Indian river lagoon for instance..would the shore between mean high and mean low tide be treated the same as the ocean beach..that is considered state land and belongs to all the people and cannot be deemed private.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that I remember something (laws) in regards to "rivers" that might also come into play?

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they have to be ( navigable historically ) so in other words if you can get to it by boat it is o.k. but on rivers and lakes you have to be in the water not like salt water where you can walk to the high tide line ( historically ).

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what your saying.. crossing through private property without permission to get to a piece of water... is.... a no no.
Thinking along those lines... entering a shoreline of a body of water that is connected to the ocean and fully navigatable by means of a public crossover should leave someone on a fully detectable strand of shoreline...that the same rules as the Atlanta shoreline has.
Nice Cobia by the way. 8-)

ForumRunner_20130502_173733.png

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same on ya the kings and cobia are just starting to show up here got a 26# Wednesday one of my favorite eating

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best.. right behind wahoo in my book. Try smoking a slab...Mmmmm.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Gotta get out there. Cobia jigs are frothin at the hook. Dam metal addiction is killing my fishing and wave addiction

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha.. I know! I surf alot too.. nice swell right now.. SE. wind.. Seb. Inlet great yesterday!
I take it you body board.. sponger..LOL.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
25 yrs of soaking the slam will do toll on the back. I have to be selective now. Brother surfs new symeria 2 to 3 times a week. Since I started metal detecting my inner core has strengthened dramatically which helps the lower back. I plan on getting in green room more often. But for now theres gold to find. ARRRR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread