On The Way To The Car !!!!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC03656 - Copy.JPG DSC03659.JPG DSC03660.JPG DSC03661.JPG DSC03662.JPG DSC03667.JPG DSC03669.JPG

this Cracker is doing the hillbilly shake tonight here in Ruskin , FL, after all day looking and loosing a target that was at the water line with a strong current that just kept sinking , the harder I tried the more it sank just about 15mins, I just knew that was gold, my whole body was killing me and I said to myself another day no gold, but not frustrated just more determined that tomorrow will be another day.so on my way back up to the beach to the route to my car I was about to shut it off, I said what the heck ill switch to disc and just walk with it without swinging. Feeling and im sure looking like a physical wreck started to walk/hobble the dry sand to the car not even ten feet into the walk the sound screamed in the head phones just like the one I was chasing in the beach line surf, GOLD, looked down right on top of the sand clear as day their it was! I thought at first glance it was a biggie woman's wedding ring loaded with big Ice. I knew it was the GOLDEN TICKET that has eluded me in just over a year since my last one !, any of you guys that know me I've had a lot of surgery's in the past couple years and changed my original screen name on here to the one I use now. in one of the pics is my 3 oz bracelet that was my first gold find many years ago that I've kept and wear. I've sold a lot of my finds to get threw last couple of years cause of the surgery's but I think ill keep this one. pirates love to wear our booty to show off, its stamped 14k along with some other stamp I cant make out, it weighs 7.4 grams and the 16 diamonds test reel. I was at st pete today where it was sanded in and the water was not clear then the surf kicked up and I took off my weight belt ,mask and snorkel, threw on the sun glasses and searched the low water cause it was cold and the swimm line was near the shore. this is my first gold ring with my excal . H.H. CAPT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding ring!

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We should all take that route back to the car! Nice find.

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks les, we've met a couple times one being the day before my last surgery, I was using my AT PRO that day and the other times I had my seahunter then I've been down for the count until now , no more going under the knife for a while for me want to be under the sun instead

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im tellin ya, ricv1423 ive watched a lot of videos on you tube and here wear guys say the main thorough fair in and outta of the beach check it out well this is the case where studying reading on how to increase your finds has paid off for me like I said I wasn't even swinging I was crawling back to the car and wall LA Bam !!! right on top of the sand like looking threw a jewelry counter at helzbergs !!! I love this hobby when I end up in a wheel chair ill still be doing this !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you, susanMn , this has been a long time coming a lot quarters ,dimes, foil, pull tabs, penny's, nickels, sinkers plated rings and of course pop-tops, learning the sounds reading these guys books on here helps I like to dig the target even though I guess what it is, I hope to keep em coming, fingers crossed but I've never had the luck of the Irish H.H. CAPT.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know. A couple of years ago, after hunting all day and wearing myself out, I was sitting in my vehicle sipping on a soda and trying to get my legs to move again. Well, a car pulls up next to me on the beach and this mom and young girl get out and they open the trunk of their car to get their beach gear out and low and behold that young girl looks down and finds a ladies big solitaire white gold and diamond ring. This was about 10 feet from where I was sitting. The mother shows the ring to me and on the inside of the band it says, 18K. :laughing7: :BangHead:

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know. A couple of years ago, after hunting all day and wearing myself out, I was sitting in my vehicle sipping on a soda and trying to get my legs to move again. Well, a car pulls up next to me on the beach and this mom and young girl get out and they open the trunk of their car to get their beach gear out and low and behold that young girl looks down and finds a ladies big solitaire white gold and diamond ring. This was about 10 feet from where I was sitting. The mother shows the ring to me and on the inside of the band it says, 18K. :laughing7: :BangHead:

that had to hurt, H.H. CAPT

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Pop. Determination did it!!

its funny sometimes how you find something just as your packing it in for the day, H.H.CAPT

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that's the way it's done folks. I am so happy for you Captain PT, that is an amazing find. I know you have put your time in and you have overcome some big obsticals, you deserved this.
I will be looking you up on my next trip to left side of FLA. and you can show me how I can find the big Ka-Ching.
Congrats Buddy,
ZDD

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Captain PT....that is an amzing story, and a super amazing gold ring find,.!

I love those "back to the car " finds.

Congrats on a beautiful gold ring find!

I wish you many,many more!

Lorraine

bear2442

Greenie
Oct 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
treasure baron
whites treasure master pi
underwater discriminator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain, WTG......:icon_thumleft:

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, nice. Wondering where you've been.
DC

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That ring is Awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions