VA Beach Vacation Started out with Plat, Ice & Gold!!!

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on our usual family vacation down to Sandbridge and hunted VA Beach for 3 morning last week. Day one produced a 14k 1.9 dwt ring, Day 2 produced this Plat 950 .69 point diamond ring & day 3 produced a broken .417 10k bracelet that weighted 11.3 dwt. All the targets came from the same area and line in a 60 yard segment. Targets very few compared to previous years but the ones I hit I was more than happy with. I saw the same guy gridding an area 2 days in a row in the dry sand and I dug both my rings pretty much right where he was stopping dry sand wet sand line. I've had it happen to me before plenty of times. What a way to start off beach season. Dug Plat rings before but this is my first with Ice.

002.JPG 003.JPG

Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pat on the back for the plat with ice.

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vacation & PM finds- hard to beat.

Mine starts Sat. Hope I get one this year.

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one sweet looking ring. Deep or shallow water?

Actually not even in the water it was right on the high tide wave line from the previous tide. Right at the top of the slope. The slope was not much of a slope either.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stunning ring. big congrats on that baby.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice piece of ice it is.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A real heart pounder for sure. Plat. in the scoop, nice!!

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great ring!!!

haywoody

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Interesting seeing this as I hunted VB Memorial day to June 5 on brief visit. Got a tip from a regular doing dry sand that a woman extremely upset got several of the boys looking for what he told me was a plat ring with marquis diamond around 19/20 street about lifeguard line or so but not in water, but no one could find. Since water was too cold for adults and me, I did more dry sand and when I took one pass through 19/20 area with my new GT with wot coil I quickly found a very nice white gold womans ring with square diamond surrounded by smaller, and rows down sides. I thought maybe it was her lost ring with description off by passing stories. I did not recall name of person who gave me the tip so I left my card with another guy who had heard the story also. Naturally when I saw your post it made me wonder if yours was the one they could not find???? BTW, finds were very few and far between there for all the many searching.

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Interesting seeing this as I hunted VB Memorial day to June 5 on brief visit. Got a tip from a regular doing dry sand that a woman extremely upset got several of the boys looking for what he told me was a plat ring with marquis diamond around 19/20 street about lifeguard line or so but not in water, but no one could find. Since water was too cold for adults and me, I did more dry sand and when I took one pass through 19/20 area with my new GT with wot coil I quickly found a very nice white gold womans ring with square diamond surrounded by smaller, and rows down sides. I thought maybe it was her lost ring with description off by passing stories. I did not recall name of person who gave me the tip so I left my card with another guy who had heard the story also. Naturally when I saw your post it made me wonder if yours was the one they could not find???? BTW, finds were very few and far between there for all the many searching.

If you can get in touch somehow with the owner and have her pm me on her. We'll see. The area is almost right we might be on to something here. My finds were few and far between as well but I got lucky and got three good pieces.

haywoody

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get in touch somehow with the owner and have her pm me on her. We'll see. The area is almost right we might be on to something here. My finds were few and far between as well but I got lucky and got three good pieces.
I never knew if the woman left contact info with anyone. Maybe she even offered a finders fee, which some do, and should. I'm pretty sure the guy that tipped me off was a VB regular but I forgot his name as I never expected to find the ring, let alone a different megaring. I actually hunted halfheartedly after that thinking I had found the only ticket around.
I met VB Max a couple times and he knows all the regulars and stories.
Congrats on your finds among slim pickings. What detector do you use and do you get to many beaches? Woody.

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew if the woman left contact info with anyone. Maybe she even offered a finders fee, which some do, and should. I'm pretty sure the guy that tipped me off was a VB regular but I forgot his name as I never expected to find the ring, let alone a different megaring. I actually hunted halfheartedly after that thinking I had found the only ticket around.
I met VB Max a couple times and he knows all the regulars and stories.
Congrats on your finds among slim pickings. What detector do you use and do you get to many beaches? Woody.

We have a place down in Sandbridge and stay for a week every summer so I hit VB while there. I live close to Ocean City MD and hit that regularly. As far as beach detecting I have a Excal. The thing has paid for itself many times over.

Max or any VB regulars if you can help with the contact info for this lady this maybe her lost ring. The area is almost right.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads LD, you take big ed with you? Some fine looking treasure and a great start to the new season.....Hope to see you in the lane come july....

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrads LD, you take big ed with you? Some fine looking treasure and a great start to the new season.....Hope to see you in the lane come july....

Thanks was a great way to start the season. Left Ed at home he has something going on called work.:laughing7: He did get out this past Saturday to OC nothing but a ton of coins for him. It's early have already seen a few nice finds from down that way. Should be a good summer.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations on those very beautiful ring finds, L D H :hello2:

Lorraine

Chum731

Jun 10, 2010
Great finds - I always find beer bottle tops and fishing lures...

From Craigslist

Devastated by loss of engagement ring;(

Saturday May 25th Virginia beach Ocean Front(on the beach) between 19th Street And "Ocean House" (breezeway). While taking out of state Family down to the beach for the first time, I lost the engagement ring of my wedding set. It came off in the sand while playing volleyball with my oldest son and husband. I am not giving up hope that there are still decent, honest people in this world bc that ring means so much more to me then the money it cost. After 14 years of marriage, 4 children and many hard times, 2.5 years ago I was finally able to have a real wedding set and I just wish for my ring:( it is a white gold 1 ct square diamond ring that sits above the band with small diamonds on either side. I beg that if anyone happens to find my ring to please contact me, i am truly devastated and heartbroken over this:( We are offering a reward for its return. Thank you so much to the gentlemen who have helped us look and for anyone who may take their time to look! I am forever grateful! my cell phone # is 443-418-7652 or reply to this posting!!
Thank you!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Craigslist

Devastated by loss of engagement ring;(

Saturday May 25th Virginia beach Ocean Front(on the beach) between 19th Street And "Ocean House" (breezeway). While taking out of state Family down to the beach for the first time, I lost the engagement ring of my wedding set. It came off in the sand while playing volleyball with my oldest son and husband. I am not giving up hope that there are still decent, honest people in this world bc that ring means so much more to me then the money it cost. After 14 years of marriage, 4 children and many hard times, 2.5 years ago I was finally able to have a real wedding set and I just wish for my ring:( it is a white gold 1 ct square diamond ring that sits above the band with small diamonds on either side. I beg that if anyone happens to find my ring to please contact me, i am truly devastated and heartbroken over this:( We are offering a reward for its return. Thank you so much to the gentlemen who have helped us look and for anyone who may take their time to look! I am forever grateful! my cell phone # is 443-418-7652 or reply to this posting!!
Thank you!!!

Not it mine is plat 950 not gold and a marquise cut not a square.

Chum731

Jun 10, 2010
Not it mine is plat 950 not gold and a marquise cut not a square.

it is a white gold 1 ct square diamond ring that sits above the band with small diamonds on either side.

Yeah - I was talking about Haywoody find. I always thought it would be neat to help someone like that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread