My first three ring day!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found: Rusted large iron ring, approx 9 1/2 “ OD, 8”ID with two smaller rings 4”OD 3”ID on it. Weight of all three rings 6 lbs.
I was hoping that they were from a sailing ship but suspect they are lifting rings for a crane used to large rocks to build nearby waterway/shore break around WWll. But they could also have been used to load and unload cargo, hopefully as this would date them to the 18th century.

Sorry, I am not able to post pictures, earlier my home office was broken into and office equipment stolen. The details of the abuse of power and improper seizure has been moved to a later thread, for greater impact and appropriateness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If what you say is as it is, an educated attorney can resolve the issue, and net you all the supplemental income you can stand for the rest of your days.

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply Dew Guru.

The rub is that it takes more than an educated attorney, it takes an experienced attorney and a legal office that has the resources and are willing to take on State and Federal Government agencies. I ran a wanted classified add on TNET for such a representative, by looking at the number of replies you can see how difficult it is to obtain legal representation.

The resulting damage was needless as it could of been easily avoided with the slightest amount of concern or compassion.
All I asked for was a copy of my software so that I could remain in business. I don't think that is too much for a retired senior citizen to ask who has spent his
entire life in defense of his country.

The damage is now beyond repair as it has resulted in one foreclosure, one distressed sale, and has ruined my health physically and emotionally.
There is no amount of money, that can make up for this. If it was only about me, I would not of bothered to post this as I am a dead man walking.

I would rather enjoy what is left of my retirement than engage in a fight till the death (mine). Even though I am trained in the use of force, my weapons are truth and the internet rather than the sword. It is not about getting even, it is about stopping it from happening to others. It is about all veterans past, present, and future who deserve a country which honors it's promises and obligations. It's about thousands of senior citizens who have lost their life savings and their homes through no fault of there own, those who have made this country great deserve better than this.

I wish those who have wronged me a long and interesting life. Only, then will they realize the damage which they have inflicted on others through their abuse of power.
And if there is a God, which I wish most of all, may he treat them as they have treated others.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
any software company worth a salt will send you a copy for a small fee if you loose your original disk. also times like this show why backing up is so important.
Worst case you could buy the software again if this means life or death...
sorry to hear about your problems hope everything works out in the end.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you get in touch with ACLU they specialize in such cases where no warrants are issued or your liberties are violated.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Your story has touched me also. I understand that you might not want the heartache and hassle...but really someone else (the lawyers) will take the hassle.

Go for it! Don't let them get away from this. It is important not only for you but for all of us also. You do no good by giving up.

Please don't give up!

Joe (California)

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you get in touch with ACLU they specialize in such cases where no warrants are issued or your liberties are violated.

Mahalo Les: I contacted the ACLU several times, and never received a reply. I assume that their manpower is limited and they have morr flagrant violations to pursue. However, it would of been nice to receive a reply.

I and one of my daughters contacted the prosecutors office numerous times request copies of the warrant(s) which they never replyed to.

I finally was able to contact a civil liberties type lawyer, who did not offer any encouragement, stating that it would cost me more than $1,500 for him to get a copy of the warrant.

I did find out that Hawaii is one of five states which does not find time for the Pledge of Allegiance to be recited as part of the school day.
- "so much for liberty and justice for all "

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any software company worth a salt will send you a copy for a small fee if you loose your original disk. also times like this show why backing up is so important.
Worst case you could buy the software again if this means life or death...
sorry to hear about your problems hope everything works out in the end.

Mahlo for your reply snokid:
The importance of backing up software cannot be overemphasized. I was able to rapidly rebuild purchased software on a replacement computer which I had to purchase.
Unfortunately, neither a mirror image of my hard drive nor the software which I requested copy of which were archived on CD was denied – stating that they did not have the capability needed. This software not only contained sensitive information needed to manage my rentals, and proprietary algorithms’needed to trade options it also contained records, which I had developed over the years to trade options, it also contained the information I needed to prepare and file taxes.
Sadly, the damage which could have easily been avoided with a modicum of cooperation and compassion is now beyond repair.

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your story has touched me also. I understand that you might not want the heartache and hassle...but really someone else (the lawyers) will take the hassle.

Go for it! Don't let them get away from this. It is important not only for you but for all of us also. You do no good by giving up.

Please don't give up!

Joe (California)

Thank you for your encouragement Dr Joe: Even though I have lost every battle to date and the damage is beyond repair, I have just begun to fight!

As you may already know, as a commissioned officer, I have solemnly sworn to support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic and bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

As a former enlisted, I am especially concerned that veterans, especially in the lower pay grades which earn little, are fairly treated and receive the entitlements which they have earned. It is unconscionable to take advantage of those who have been wounded or are less able to protect their interests as a result of the aging process.

I encourage input from those who have served as well as those who have not as this ultimately affects our national security.
I strongly believe that it is far worse to take away an earned benefit/ entitlement through non disclosure, obfuscation, misinformation or deliberately lying when the former tactics fail than outright theft as such deception demoralizes those who have placed themselves in harm’s way to protect our way of life. Simply put our veterans deserve better than the way that they are being treated by key individuals who use their position of trust to deny earned benefits rather helping veterans receive what they are entitled to.

As I live in a remote location and there is no one to bounce ideas off of I would like your answer on topics, which I have experienced and believe to be unfair. I also encourage identification of topics which you believe to be unfair and require change:

School under the GI Bill of Rights: I was denied assistance in going back to School for a time limitation which I was not aware of. It did not matter, that I was not able to attend school earlier as I had to raise two children from infancy as a single parent. Do you think that this is fair?

I took a large pay cut from my Aerospace career to take a lower paying job in Civil Service for the supposed job security (LOL). Decades later, I was informed that my Civil Service Retirement would be reduced under Catch 62 for the years I served in the Military unless I paid approx $35,000 plus interest for the time which I was never informed. Do you think that this is fair?

I was scheduled every month for a total of four month on a briefing of survivor benefits. I declined survivor benefits three times but accepted on the forth counseling session when I was deliberately and purposely misinformed that my Air Force Reserve Retirement would not be reduced as long as survivor benefits were not paid. “This deliberate lie not only briefed to myself it was also deliberately briefed to others to reduce retirement benefits of others.

I had to pay taxes on my IRA because of a time limitation that I was not aware of which could easily of been posted as a single line on the request for extension form. I was not able to file earlier as I could not find anyone on the remote location I live on. It cost me $7,000 to prove that they owed me $10,000 which was denied because of a time limitation only known to those who professionally do taxes. Do you think that this is fair?

In my opinion the action of the administrators of these programs within the services and agencies have been one of entrapment resembling those of a liar, a cheat and a fraud, focused on denying benefits to those who have earned them. Our veterans who have protected our way of life and our senior citizens deserve far better than this and a “Thank You for Serving”.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread