whats up with all the paper clips?

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's up with all the paper clips?

I'm a northerner down at the beach since Monday got a giant ziplock bag of junk maybe 4.00 in clad... no silver or gold so far...:(
But what I'm find in droves is paper clips. Who the heck takes paper clips to the beach?????
Rain is in the forecast for the next couple days but hopefully I find something good....

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Just wait until you pull that diamond ring out of the sand snokid.

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When the state park officer hands you the citation for detecting on the beach they paperclip a donation request to it now.....

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a northerner down at the beach since Monday got a giant ziplock bag of junk maybe 4.00 in clad... no silver or gold so far...:(
But what I'm find in droves is paper clips. Who the heck takes paper clips to the beach?????
Rain is in the forecast for the next couple days but hopefully I find something good....

Paper clips are used as "roach clips" commonly these days.
Occasionally, one will be found with the cigarette paper still in the clip.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some evil folks salt areas they want to hunt with paper clips or BB's to drive away --all metal PI detector types * --- machines that can "discriminate can "sort out" such trash

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some evil folks salt areas they want to hunt with paper clips or BB's to drive away --all metal PI detector types * --- machines that can "discriminate can "sort out" such trash

that's what I have found also! they are "bombing" the beach. also have found many quartered Lincoln cents.

OP
OP
snokid

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can discriminate them out and I only find them in the dry/wet sand line... Just once in awhile I have to get out of the waves for a few minutes bingo I find one.... Bull headed I suppose I hunt in pinpoint....
thanks guys/girls

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If this happens in your area, you can easily return the favor with a pair of tin snips and a handful of aluminum foil and pull tabs.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If this happens in your area, you can easily return the favor with a pair of tin snips and a handful of aluminum foil and pull tabs.

Lol I found a ton of new pennies on my beach and I was thinking the other day if some well not nice person has thrown a roll of these on my beach!!!!!! Well I guess it worked!! I dug them all!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is evil! Not to mention nasty and dirty! May the one guilty of doing such type said things have major machine malfunctions (perhaps for life)! LOL! And see, how negative things usually return a negative result, usually for all involved. (sorry I shouldn't wish such a horrible things, even on an evil person)

that's what I have found also! they are "bombing" the beach. also have found many quartered Lincoln cents.
This just seems like, I dunno, shootin your foot off or poking your eye out, for the insurance money? They wasting their time and energy, and everyone elses. Dog only knows what they are missing md-ing, while they are spending time trying to sabotage others. Things like that CAN turn around and bite one in the butt! (specially someone catch you doin it!)

Again, I would like to think most of us are adult enough to not return evil for evil. That would only reduce us to their level. Besides, it's defeating the whole purpose! Are ppl really that immature?

I'm sorry ya'll are havin these problems. I sure hope that's just a west coast Florida thing! Good luck!

OP
OP
snokid

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is at myrtle beach...
got to get out tonight for only an hour. thunderstorms for the last two low tides but got out for the low tide tonight till they chased me away... in the mean time 2 more paper clips, I don't think someone is salting the beach with them thou, I find all different kinds colored, big small it doesn't matter. I was pressed for time with storm rolling in so I switched out of pinpoint and I'm sure I missed a few that way...
just weird to me up in Michigan at the beach I can't remember digging any paperclips.....

STL8

Feb 27, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting by resorts that rent beach chairs, cabanas etc., they will sometimes paper clip a 'RESERVED' sign to the chairs. When the person renting the said chairs pulls the sign off, the paper clips drop in the sand.

OP
OP
snokid

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well thank you that makes perfect sense...
home now can't check it out for sure...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol I found a ton of new pennies on my beach and I was thinking the other day if some well not nice person has thrown a roll of these on my beach!!!!!! Well I guess it worked!! I dug them all!

It takes me 30 seconds to locate and dig up a penny...I've had thoughts of people doing this in some areas but then I find nickels, quarters, and dimes not too far off. If I find a place with only pennies then I would wonder. However, I almost always find a dozen pull tabs as well. Don't think it is happening in florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread