Detecting and the single guy....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it, it's just not fair! Most of the items I find are either pieces of ladies jewelry or men's wedding bands, but nothing I can wear, or would dare to wear, anyway. Women, guys with better halves, they can either adorn themselves with many of the neat items they recover or they can watch in silent bliss as their soul mates quickly confiscate the stuff, thus assuming the role of sort of a real life, walking talking, display case. "Why Tina, that's a beautiful ring. Where on earth did you get that?" Tina smiles and replies, "Well, George found it while shopping one day near the beach and after acquiring it he gave it to me." Looks darn good on her, George's world is at peace, all is well. Heck, when Margie digs a cool piece of jewelry from the beach she takes it home, cleans it up, and "Bling!" Looks darn good on her and her husband, Ralph, didn't have to endure hours at the mall and he didn't have to spend a dime on the darn thing. Both he and his wife are happy. But it's a much different world for the single guy, he finds it, thinks it's really awesome, but all the pretty flower motifs, belly button rings, earrings, toe rings, and sparkly necklaces and ankle bracelets are starting to generate a lot strange looks and hushed conversations. The other day I found a really cool pair of Kirkland tortoise shell sunglasses, you know, the style with a fake golden flower a green emerald on each hinge, problem is, they simply don't match all my other bling and camo detecting cap. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angry_greg_head_explode_sm_clr.gif
Hey, I know exactly what you mean bigscoop!
killingme.gif

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sing Elton John songs all the while. (I like Elton songs, not like that ,not that there's any thing wrong with that.)
Another option may be to pin them inside an over shirt, look shady and glance about,then hold shirt open and give a sales pitch.
Or just keep wearing your finds in good health.:o

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
start handing some of it out to some of the hotties on the beach, great way to start up a conversation!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
start handing some of it out to some of the hotties on the beach, great way to start up a conversation!:icon_thumright:

Her boyfriend was 6'8", 275, and when he was through with me they weren't headphones anymore. Trust me one this....those really loud responses make me jump clear out of the water now. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look shady and glance about,then hold shirt open and give a sales pitch.
:o

Appreciate the thought, but I don't think I want to be seen approaching beautiful hotties on a beach and then doing this. :laughing7: (especially while wearing my finest jewelry and camo cap. :laughing7:)

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOu could always get a wife.....share or should i say give it all to her and pretend you are Ray Charles when those hotties walk by.

Dew

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOu could always get a wife.....share or should i say give it all to her and pretend you are Ray Charles when those hotties walk by.

Dew

:laughing7:............uh..........is that pretend you can't see, or pretend you're not looking?

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the sun glasses trick doesn't work they still come up and talk to you, very distracting to say the least...

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty much all ladies jewelry I find all goes to family, lucky enough to keep some mens for me that I still have, but a lot of the mens jewelry I found had to sell for the $ and I wish I didn't have to, what about some of the chains you found ?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty much all ladies jewelry I find all goes to family, lucky enough to keep some mens for me that I still have, but a lot of the mens jewelry I found had to sell for the $ and I wish I didn't have to, what about some of the chains you found ?

If it can be cleaned up ok then I have outlets for those items, but sadly, a great deal of it eventually ends up seeing the melting pot. I also have a friend in Indiana that I send some of the stuff to - he's like a brother and also my best friend, my old hunting partner before moving to Florida - just a way for us to stay connected and still share our hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread