Lake Erie hunt

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First time in the water since I got back from florida .Went to Headlands state park beach.was greeted by a very nasty metal detector person. He wanted to know if I was from out of town, I said yes and he said he didn't think I belonged to his club. I asked him if I had to belong to hunt at this state park beach , he said no but he didn't like outsiders Cherry picking his beach. I told him he was the most unfriendly metal detector person I ever met and I intended to stay and do a little picking I'm sure anybody that lives in this area knows him very large and he said he lives 5 minuets from there. Not a very good spokes person for the hobby . I have been doing this for a while and never met anyone quite like this guy.I did get lucky 14k ring , large artcarved tungsten carbide ring and a decorative cross

Attachments

• image-1007147605.jpg
    image-1007147605.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mham2

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
I'm living in Cleveland and a member of the local MD club. I'll be honest, I don't know of any particularly large guys. Do you mean tall or portly? Either way, not a very nice representative for what is actually a very nice club. If I had run across you I would have said hello and shot the bull with you for a bit. Great finds! I have not been so lucky on these crappy Lake Erie beaches yet... they are fairly laden with aluminum around here.

I didn't mean he was representative of any particular club , he probably don't even belong to a club.I actually ran on to this guy last year at the same beach with the same creating .I also belong to a club in Florida and have met many great detector people in the club and at the beach

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I detected a beach to the west of Headlands and ran into a nice guy out detecting. We were talking a bit and I mentioned your story, he said he had met the same guy on two other occasions and that he was a real piece of ....work. Apparently he thinks he can bully other detectorists off the beaches. What a jerk.

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Nice finds! WTG!

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I know who it is and if I am right...it WILL be addressed!! He is not a representation of what our club is about even though he thinks he is a spokesperson. If it is indeed the guy I think it is...please accept my apology for his behavior. We all just sort of ignore his ignorant comments. But ... this needs to be addressed. Great finds ... by the way and hunt on!! You are always welcome and it is Lake County not Erie county.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions