Things Ive Finally Noticed

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things I've Finally Noticed

Things I'm Finally Starting to Notice:

A) I live in a gated retirement community, was nice at first, but I swear, now that I’ve been here a while there isn’t a day goes by that I don’t hear lawnmowers and weedeaters and leaf blowers running and it’s starting to get on my nerves. Six-hundred homes and there must be fifty different lawncare services running around the place, and all on different days, seven days a week. In the short time I’ve been here I’ve learned to tell the difference between a John Deer and a Lawnboy just by the sound of the thing.

B) For many drivers the left lane, even in town, is considered “the passing lane.” My sister is like this, it’s a four lane “road” not an interstate, and yet she seems to think the left lane is for the faster traffic, gets upset whenever slower traffic in the left lane prevents her from running 60mph in a 40mph zone, doesn’t matter that the slower driver might actually be turning left at the next crossroad. “Damn’it! Why isn’t he in the right lane where were he belongs!” And then it’s bumper riding time. We all know where this is eventually heading, just a matter of time. And the worst part, it’s not like she’s going to a fire or the hospital, maybe Walmart on her day off.

C) Fast food drive throughs – I can go inside and be back at my vehicle with my order quicker then I can get through many, “fast food drive throughs”. And when they ask you to pull up because your order is going to take to too long, which happens quite often even with a standard hamburger, fries & Coke, well…go figure?

D) No matter how well you plan for the day there will always be something you forgot to account or plan for. Don’t recall this happening too often when I was still in my youth and stupid. Going to have to think more on this whenever I can plan some time for it.

E) I use to be able to “hold it” much longer then I can now. Went into a store the other day in a bit of a rush, bells and whistles went off and the store greeter quickly ask me to, “Hold it!” With flushed face and in a bit of a panic I replied, “I already am!”

F) I no longer hold my suspected finds deep within the privacy of my scoop so I can secretly look for that 10k, 14k, 18k mark, etc., because I can no longer see these tiny marks unless they are on the outside of the ring and part of the item’s obvious detail and design, much like that of a large signet ring.

G) Bikini bodies – these days they pretty much all look the same – “Darn Good!” The rest of world sure has changed because it wasn’t always like that for me.

H) Humor – I no longer have to look for it or work at it as every day is pretty much a joke of some kind these days.

I) Grilling out – I can no longer eat a hamburger, 2 hotdogs, chips, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, a couple of ribs, and a chunk of garlic bread before the three-hour pickup basketball game under a blazing sun. Now a cookout for me is pretty much one, maybe 2 hotdogs, followed by a nap with the family dog.

J) Stores – If you don’t have their store card you’ll pay a 300% markup instead of the 200% markup and you’ll miss out on all their, “great deals”.

And these are just a few of things I’ve noticed lately. Probably had time to notice all of this because I’ve noticed that I’m spending far less time on the beach these days. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"And these are just a few of things I’ve noticed lately. Probably had time to notice all of this because I’ve noticed that I’m spending far less time on the beach these days."

I understand completely!!! pm me, lets do some fishing or exploring!!!!!

chuck.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya... Can't read a tape with out glasses now... I refuse to shop at stores that work a gimmick card... Haven't pooped my pants in public yet...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you're just at the right age to give great advice to the younger generation that they won't listen to anyway. I feel the same way. Hang in there!

DANGLANGLEY

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its no fun knowing the results of any decision before you make them. I now spend more time in the bathroom than i do watching TV. I say that because i rarely see anything but commercials between naps. Not hearing very well in some ways is a blessing..... it leads to far less conversations that normally would end in me doing some work. I can still see those tiny marking on jewelry but not the bikini on the beach with out my glasses.... maybe thats a good thing since like most things i want to eat im told its not good for my heart. I have also convinced myself that hair on your head really serves no purpose.... because those that have it, like my wife, spends more on taking care of it than we do for food. I also wonder why i carry a wallet..... since most of the time its only purpose is to carry money that in the end is given and used by someone other than me.

Dew

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I have read your post a number of times and still chuckle bigscoop.
killingme.gif
I will be 67 this year and can relate to many of your observations...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ever notice that the font size of the directions for use /dosage on the label of an eyedrops bottle is too tiny to read?

I just do not understand why the print is so tiny on the bottle when the medication is needed by someone with vision problems...doesn't make sense to me.:dontknow:, but the cost of the medication on the pharmacy receipt is very easy to read..nice dark print/ good font size.

Just my $0.02

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I wanted a machine that would tell me everything about a potential target....now I just want one that will tell me to dig or not. :laughing7:

gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now own two magnifing glasses,and lookin for a stronger pair!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread