Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went ahead and ordered the RPG 7" scoop earlier this week, got it today and thought what a BEAST of a piece of Aluminum. Anyways had to try it out so I went out today after work for about two hours.

This is also the first time I have gone into the water detecting. Upon arriving I went out and made it to about waist deep and thought, how do these guys on the boards do it. I Had difficulty moving my detector in the water, I have the 10x14 coil on it and I am carrying this massive scoop. The waves were slapping me around like a professional boxer, the current pulling on me in every direction like a washing machine. Ten minuites of this so I was giving up, decided to float around back torwards shore resting on the way. The 2-4 ft. waves were brutal.

This is where I realized Ok do not fight it, but work with the variables given. Within five minuite BoNNg BoNNg so I put the scoop down and to my suprise another gold 14k 3.6g rose ring.

The 14k Garnet was my first earlier this month 5.1g. The month of July is ROCKING so far for me.

Attachments

• gold ring2.JPG
    gold ring2.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 150
  • gring.jpg
    gring.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice prize. You'll get used to swinging the detector in the water and fighting the currents like all the rest of us.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, I thought I saw a kitty cat! :laughing7:

If little ole me and my other hunting buddy, who is even smaller than me, can do it, so can you!
Nice treasures! HH!

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful rings my little girl likes the cat. Keep them coming. Nutsdad

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fighting the big waves is hard and with the smaller ones you just go along with them or you'll wear your self out. Nice ring come to those that put in the time and labor.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic,thats what it is all about!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tddptd, those are beautiful gold finds!

Congrats on fine detecting with your new scoop.

I love the "Hello , Kitty" find:cat:

Lorraine

OP
OP
Mr.Excavator

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I figured good things come to those who work for it.

I found the Kitty ring about 2 weeks ago. It looks pretty neat. Apparently it is a good conversational piece.

Tim

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice finds!

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and ordered the RPG 7" scoop earlier this week, got it today and thought what a BEAST of a piece of Aluminum. Anyways had to try it out so I went out today after work for about two hours.

This is also the first time I have gone into the water detecting. Upon arriving I went out and made it to about waist deep and thought, how do these guys on the boards do it. I Had difficulty moving my detector in the water, I have the 10x14 coil on it and I am carrying this massive scoop. The waves were slapping me around like a professional boxer, the current pulling on me in every direction like a washing machine. Ten minuites of this so I was giving up, decided to float around back torwards shore resting on the way. The 2-4 ft. waves were brutal.

This is where I realized Ok do not fight it, but work with the variables given. Within five minuite BoNNg BoNNg so I put the scoop down and to my suprise another gold 14k 3.6g rose ring.

The 14k Garnet was my first earlier this month 5.1g. The month of July is ROCKING so far for me.

Great finds! I know how you feel. I'm new to "up to the neck in water"and I use the Stealth scoop. Chased a stupid dime the other day. Took forever. Soooo, I applaud your finds:hello2:

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt the Jax area also.....surf kicks your butt most of the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread