Sandmans Tip of the Day for East Coast beaches

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my area, it's not to look at the glare of that morning sun, coming off the bleach-bone white Canadians either!
Least not till they tan up, some! :laughing7:
Oh, and something bout 10 lbs of jello in a 5 lb bag..... yeah, sometimes you need to shut your eyes! :laughing7:
I see things, I know I don't wanna see! :laughing7:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My TIP:
WestNile is back use DEET.
And I got Bells palsy from something going on a year now and still feel like crap. I still think it is a TICK that did it even thou the doctors say it wasn't.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gulf in the morning and Atlantic in the evening....... sleep......repeat......

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crack me up Sandman. Did you ever see the flash of green just before the sun peeks over the horizon. Only once for me when i was much younger surf casting for stripers out on Marthas Vineyard in October.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
For my area, it's not to look at the glare of that morning sun, coming off the bleach-bone white Canadians either!
Least not till they tan up, some! :laughing7:
Oh, and something bout 10 lbs of jello in a 5 lb bag..... yeah, sometimes you need to shut your eyes! :laughing7:
I see things, I know I don't wanna see! :laughing7:

In Jersey I am not fibbing it is 20 pounds. Worse than seeing a dorsal fin in the surf! It is scary

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I saw an old man exit a condo building and step onto the beach, he was easily in his 80's, and in a Speedo. I remember thinking to myself, "If his wife comes out in a thong I'm out of here!" :laughing7:

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't eat yellow snow

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My TIP:
WestNile is back use DEET.
And I got Bells palsy from something going on a year now and still feel like crap. I still think it is a TICK that did it even thou the doctors say it wasn't.

Strange, when I got it, the cause was pretty well known.
I was told that it was a result of frequent stressing your body through exposure such as cold water while diving withour sufficient rest for your body to recover.
High Stress further increases the probability of getting It was it has a negative effect on your immune system and ability to recover. I was treated for Bells Palsy on the left side in 1964,physical therapy - shock the nerves with electricity to get response. Had to wear an eye patch and could not drink coke out of a bottle. It has improved, but has never went away. Still partially disabled eye constantly twitches, have to take frequent breaks when reading.

IIRC, Taxi Cab drivers have a higher incidence of it than normal from driving with their window open.

Last edited:

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bells Palsy-mine never went away. Us to play harmonica as a profession. Can play it at all now. Every body else I knew-that had -finally healed.Cab Driver/Truck Driver condition- well mines on the right side. Several negatives for Lymes. Hope it goes away for you. For me it's-hey fella-why the l o n g face.......

Always wanted and tried to see the green flash-never happened but I'm still lookin'

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sun screen! I am just getting over a bad burn.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crack me up Sandman. Did you ever see the flash of green just before the sun peeks over the horizon. Only once for me when i was much younger surf casting for stripers out on Marthas Vineyard in October.

Daily Green Flash with most sunsets here :thumbsup:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bells palsy was something I was told not if but when..i have stage 4 Lyme disease with 2 co-infections called bobesia(tick version of malaria) and erlichiosis which eats the lining of nerves off. One little tick bite caused my downfall but if it wasn't for it I never would have started to metal detect. I had to get out and force exercise and make my cramping painful muscles and joints move. I had no desire to until wife bought me an ace 150 and I found my first silver.
Guys just watch out for the ticks plz, I don't want anyone to go through what I do on a daily basis. Bells palsy is no joke and thank God mine didn't last, not cool when one side of your face turns to jello.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
If your near new england. Expect more rocks. Expect to break your balls digging. You need more pointed scoops...and sturdy ones.

hh an gl -Joe

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When in SW. Indiana and on the Ohio River don't breath through your mouth, you will choke on the gnats. If they fly up your nose you can snort them out, PHSCHUUT!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Here's the result of digging in the rocks along the New England beaches:

My recent MRI:

DSCF2530.JPG

One visit to the Physiatrist for epidural injection, and I'll be back out there and hopefully dig up something decent to post.

Lorraine

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Green flash is only in the evening, not in the morning!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread