Virginia Beach????

spimly

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I will be making our annual vacation run to Virginia beach next week, near 21st street. I was wondering what the conditions have been like from those that frequent the area. Has there been any recent sand reclamation projects to avoid?

Last year I spent a lot of time in the waves and came home with two gold rings with stones using my Fisher CZ-20. I earned them though because the waves were up and I can remember the shore currents being so strong that I could not keep my coil on the bottom and so high that they would lift me and deposit me four or five feet away. Had a blast though!

Upvote 0

DentonSandy

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
Denton, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never MD on VA Beach. I do know that down by 67th St there are gold flecks in the sand that will supposedly cure colitis if one buries their torso in the sand multiple times. Ever heard of Edgar Cayce?
I would suggest spending some time at York River beach. You will encounter a great deal of traffic getting there but might be worth it. Not sure about using a dector..call them! There is a cliff full of Jefferson scallop shells and other fossils. Can't touch the cliff, if you are caught it is off to jail you go. VA has had quite a bit of rain so I would imagine the cliff has been getting a good wash. If you go there is a small fee for parking, use to be $2. Just ask how to get to the beach.

OP
OP
S

spimly

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never MD on VA Beach. I do know that down by 67th St there are gold flecks in the sand that will supposedly cure colitis if one buries their torso in the sand multiple times. Ever heard of Edgar Cayce?
Too funny! I heard that if you dance at midnight on a full moon while jamming a turnip in your ear it will cure cataracts. :laughing7:
I would suggest spending some time at York River beach. You will encounter a great deal of traffic getting there but might be worth it. Not sure about using a dector..call them! There is a cliff full of Jefferson scallop shells and other fossils. Can't touch the cliff, if you are caught it is off to jail you go. VA has had quite a bit of rain so I would imagine the cliff has been getting a good wash. If you go there is a small fee for parking, use to be $2. Just ask how to get to the beach.

I appreciate the suggestion but that seems a bit far. When I am on vacation I don't like to travel to detect, especially when the beach is 100 yards from the hotel door. I did want to get up to Lynnhaven to try my luck up there - the waves did not seem as bad as 21st St.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I will be making our annual vacation run to Virginia beach next week, near 21st street. I was wondering what the conditions have been like from those that frequent the area. Has there been any recent sand reclamation projects to avoid?

Last year I spent a lot of time in the waves and came home with two gold rings with stones using my Fisher CZ-20. I earned them though because the waves were up and I can remember the shore currents being so strong that I could not keep my coil on the bottom and so high that they would lift me and deposit me four or five feet away. Had a blast though!
Spimly, check out gravediggermax video's on youTube , He does video's all most every Day of VA beach . You will be able to see what the beach looks like yourself.

OP
OP
S

spimly

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spimly, check out gravediggermax video's on youTube , He does video's all most every Day of VA beach . You will be able to see what the beach looks like yourself.

Thanks Ron! That is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have to hope that he and his buddies leave a little for me!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread