Silver at Siesta Key

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a couple of hours to kill on Tuesday so I drove over to Siesta Key in Sarasota. A storm had just past and it didn't wash away the heat and humidity. From the pavilion to the water is a good 100 yards. I likely passed out from the trek before I finally reached the cool waters of the Gulf. There was one other guy out there detecting with a Excal but he wouldn't talk with me, I think he was German. I spent an hour detecting and only found one penny. I was getting tired so I went up and hunted the wet sand so my shirt and shorts had a chance to dry some. I chatted with people about past finds and finally got a good strong hit and out came a silver cufflink. Hadn't seen a cufflink in years but figured that wedding parties come to the beach for photo sessions and some male lost his silver cufflink. Not much but I didn't get skunked. Headed for the shade and a cold drink. Next time I'll bring a wheel barrow with a chair and cooler and umbrella, whew, it was 90 degrees with a 96 degree heat index but that's August for you.8-)

Attachments

• Silver Cufflink.jpg
    Silver Cufflink.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Lucky you found something! Finds have been scarce lately, unless you have the Midas touch.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you never know whats gonna pop up on a beach when detecting, woulda been nice if you would have found the other one,H.H. Capt. !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread