Looking for a saltwater MD

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all, Wicka here,

Could anyone suggest a decent saltwater MD.
I'm looking for less than 800$ but I know I "get what I pay for" was thinking a sandshark. I'll be hunting hopefully 3 days a week for 6 weeks every summer along New England beaches. My plan is to sell my garret 350 and Fisher F4 for 700$ and add some to get this new one. I'm fed up with those two machines I like the Garret 150 most
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Also, can you use it out of water? Example: playgrounds, tot lots?
Wicka

Upvote 0

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about the tiger shark? would you consider that a contender? it is a vlf i think? the reason i ask is my old garret is showing its age and needs to be replaced. on the fence about going with a pi machine.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about the tiger shark? would you consider that a contender? it is a vlf i think? the reason i ask is my old garret is showing its age and needs to be replaced. on the fence about going with a pi machine.

I had a Tiger for a while and it's great freshwater machine. I never tried it in saltwater because I had a SS at the time. There is a saltwater setting on Tiger but most tell that it's not that effective in salt. For a VLF in saltwater you need multi freq machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions