The Skullies are the "bomb"!!!

KapHI808

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went on 2 hunts after receiving the Skullies from OBN. Man, talk about night and day! It cuts out the outside noise soooo well and is very comfortable to wear. Having the volume knob was a big plus also. I could lower the volume on my Excal to smooth out the threshold and then bump the Skullies volume up so that the targets "sang out". Thank you Joe.

Day 1:
14k 19.6g

ForumRunner_20130816_201816.png

Day 2:
Approximately 3 oz (my scales max is 1.75oz and I still had about half the chain in my hand while lowering onto the scale) .925 necklace, stainless hawaiian engraved ring, and an unmarked possibly 10k ring.

ForumRunner_20130816_201849.png

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN is one of the great ones. :icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Kap! Will be opting for remote pinpoint and Skullies when my warranty runs out!

Last edited:

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (Waterproofed)
Primary Interest:
Nice couple of days work Kap! What model skulls are you wearing?.....

Got it now, OBN"s custom work.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Kevin,

Some fine treasure you have collected in two days, I'm impressed.

But a few have experienced as you,

And they are the Bomb for sure. That's why I only sell them to hunters far from Maryland....

Headphones are one of the Biggest weak links on all water machines

Skullies and now the Gray Ghost Amphibians can really allow you to hunt behind other hunters

And pull targets they have missed due to Ambient Beach noise and just having a better set of headphones.

Skullies
OBN0031.jpg OBN0145.jpg GGA's with Remote PP

Diggin Dave

May 20, 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (Waterproofed)
Primary Interest:
"Far from Maryland"...lol

How's your Summer been OBN? Have you been hitting OC much?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of target responses present that we simply can't/don't hear with stock headphones.....these responses are just too weak to be heard sometimes. A good set of headphones WILL allow us to hear many of these weaker responses. I use the skullies and love them! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
K

KapHI808

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
I went out again this morning and hit a beach that still had the "lines" in the sand indicating a grid pattern from another hunter. Just for kicks, I decided to follow those same grid lines in the wet sand. I slowed down my swing and concentrated on keeping the coil level. I listened for the slight warble of the threshold and started to pull targets one after another. 1 silver ring, a very deep corroded seiko all metal watch, and several clad coins. After installing the Skullies, It's like I have gotten a new machine. Talk about hooked! Its a bummer that I just got my ctx a few weeks ago and now it is just sitting in a corner (although it is a great machine, I am finding most of my good stuff in the water and my ctx isnt going in).

Its too bad im going to Illinois for a week (for work). Ill be counting down the days till I can detect again.

Thank you Joe.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out again this morning and hit a beach that still had the "lines" in the sand indicating a grid pattern from another hunter. Just for kicks, I decided to follow those same grid lines in the wet sand. I slowed down my swing and concentrated on keeping the coil level. I listened for the slight warble of the threshold and started to pull targets one after another. 1 silver ring, a very deep corroded seiko all metal watch, and several clad coins. After installing the Skullies, It's like I have gotten a new machine. Talk about hooked! Its a bummer that I just got my ctx a few weeks ago and now it is just sitting in a corner (although it is a great machine, I am finding most of my good stuff in the water and my ctx isnt going in).

Its too bad im going to Illinois for a week (for work). Ill be counting down the days till I can detect again.

Thank you Joe.

Now add the remote switch and the ability to swap coils and you might never bother to use the CTX again. "Depth, coverage, sensitivity, total versatility, and reliability." :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Thank you Joe.

No Sir, Thank You...Now I have 3 lucky Maui FD shirts...The hunters from the islands are the best...

To put into words on this years treasure hunting...Bleak
I was down OC for 10 days in July and that's it for the summer, Silver only, other then a very small 14k charm.

Just got a contract on my place near Baltimore, will be looking for a place this fall near the Ocean if all goes thur. I retire and I hunt less? But that will change once I get everything in place, I hope. Just kidding about the Maryland sales ban on the headphones. Funny only a few locals have asked and none have yet to purchase. Most sales have been Florida, the islands, Japan and California. I think between the Skullies and the Gray Ghost Amphibians I have sold about 60 sets. Good Luck DD and be safe..joe

WVWildman, I grew up in GB.. Joe Preast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread