Infinium or Aquapulse 1b

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Hi, I need your expert opinion please.:notworthy:
I like PI machines and wanted to buy an infinium. Now I have the change to buy an aquapulse 1b far less than the price of the garrrett infinium in nearly new condition.

I know, that the aquapules is a really good machine for treasure hunting like coins.
But if I want to look for the small stuff like rings and other lost juwelery at the beach in shallow water, will it be as good as the infinium?

Thanks for your help.... and happy hunting
Martin

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good machine but I believe it is made by Eric Foster in England,if it is think of the repair should it be needed.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
'With the passing of Bill K. Seliger, AquaPulse USA had to find a new home. Here is the new contact information:

AquaPulse USA
417 Hobbs
Tampa, FL 33619
Temporary phone is (940) 782-5466

I will post permanent phone number soon. In the mean time, repairs and sales are back on track as of today.

Jason'
I found this in the TNet archive. Dated August 2012.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Aquapulse, like the JW Fisher pulse 8x, has a high minimum pulse delay. They are made for use in deep salt water. Neither is designed as a shallow water jewelry machine.

If you are a shallow water/ wet sand jewelry hunter, buy an Infinium or a Dual Field or a HHPI...and let ME buy that Aquapulse ! LOL...sounds like you have a line on one at a great price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Thanks for your posts.
And YES Jolly Mon, you´re right. I have my hand on a lightly used 1b with short handle here in germany. Maybe I should buy it and sell it to US.... LOL.... just saw the price of the 1b at Kellyco in FL.
I remember a friend of mine told me, that the factory can make a change of the pulse delay... so I guess I will ask them. Any suggestions at what rate they should be?

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its from Aquascan in UK.
Kellyco Detectors in Florida have them now, too.

Yes, it is quite a coincidence...just a few minutes ago I saw a Kellyco posting on ebay offering the AQ1B for a little over $2000.00US. This must be new...I did not know you could buy the Aquapulse except directly from the factory in the UK.

As far as the pulse delay goes...I think around 10us is the lowest that is really practical for use in wet salt sand. You might want to check the PI Technology section of Geotech Forums... some of the guys active on that site are the foremost experts.

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted the factory in the UK and reducing the pulse delay (REJECT) to below 25µs cannot be done with the current coils and circuitry. 40µs is the minimum delay which isn't really sensitive enough for the smaller gold rings but is the required setting for salt water at a depth of about 2-3 metres. 10µs is great for when you can use it which means once the sand is salt saturated then things get noisy. On bigger gold rings then the 25µs is fine...you certainly won't have to worry about any salt induced audio unless you get out deeper and then you can simply increase to delay ...... Tony.

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted the factory in the UK and reducing the pulse delay (REJECT) to below 30µs cannot be done with the current coils and circuitry. 30µs is the minimum delay which isn't really sensitive enough for the smaller gold rings but is the required setting for salt water at a depth of about 2-3 metres. 10µs is great for when you can use it which means once the sand is salt saturated then things get noisy. On bigger gold rings then the 30µs might be okay...you certainly won't have to worry about any salt induced audio unless you get out deeper and then you can simply increase to delay to 35µs, 40µs.......
Tony.

I am not surprised to learn the pulse delay cannot be reduced below 30us...I think detectors are somewhat like boats...there is usually a design trade-off...you can't have everything in one package.

Though the Aquapulse would not be a good choice as a wet sand jewelry machine, it is a fantastic detector once you get into deeper water. And it is balls deep on larger, higher conductors wherever you use it. It is also a no motion detector. I dive in an area that usually has close to zero visibility and this feature really helps to recover targets I just cannot see---even when I am right on top of them. Pinpointing is great...first with the entire coil...and then with the side of the coil to narrow things down if necessary. The Aquapulse will not detune over the target. It has very decent sensitivity to smaller pieces of silver as well. It will readily detect a half-reale down a few inches...

GrievousAngel

Greenie
Feb 8, 2013
GA and CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the diff between Infinium PI, a Dual Field, and a HHPI? What models are using Dual Field and HHPI?

Thx, Billy

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not surprised to learn the pulse delay cannot be reduced below 30us...I think detectors are somewhat like boats...there is usually a design trade-off...you can't have everything in one package.

Though the Aquapulse would not be a good choice as a wet sand jewelry machine, it is a fantastic detector once you get into deeper water. And it is balls deep on larger, higher conductors wherever you use it. It is also a no motion detector. I dive in an area that usually has close to zero visibility and this feature really helps to recover targets I just cannot see---even when I am right on top of them. Pinpointing is great...first with the entire coil...and then with the side of the coil to narrow things down if necessary. The Aquapulse will not detune over the target. It has very decent sensitivity to smaller pieces of silver as well. It will readily detect a half-reale down a few inches...

I still have this strong desire to try one out even knowing that the minimum pulse isn't ideal for the smaller rings.
Lucky for me, the only Australian Aquapulse dealer isn't too far away....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:icon_thumright:

Tony.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread