jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two short video's under 1 minute taken by me, these are the most beautiful beaches in Cancun, 15 minutes away from my home. Words can't describe what these beaches look like 7 A.M. when the baby blue water reflects the sunrise making the calm ocean water look like glass.

Happy Huntings
Let me know what you guys think, if anyone wants to visit we can hunt together and I have a couple places I could rent out.

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like Miami Beach!!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like we're both livin' the dream!!

Happy Sunshine Hunting!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even close to Miami, literally! Lol

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Floridian cracker, born and raised. Lived on both coast north and south

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, the beaches in the Keyes r the only ones that come close. I also lived in gulf shores Alabama, very beautiful there. Town taken out by hurricane unless they rebuilt. One thing I do like about west coast beaches is the sand, so fine it squeaks when u stop on it with your feet

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Floridian cracker, born and raised. Lived on both coast north and south
If you live in Fla. like you said ,you would know Fla. coast is east, west and northwest not North and South coast.

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
If you live in Fla. like you said ,you would know Fla. coast is east, west and northwest not North and South coast.

I think maybe he meant Fla. coast from top to bottom, like Orlando, Miami, I think he means he's seen them all from North to South of Florida?

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe he meant Fla. coast from top to bottom, like Orlando, Miami, I think he means he's seen them all from North to South of Florida?
Miami is on the east coast ,Tampa is on the west coast and Orlando is in the middle of the state.

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Miami is on the east coast ,Tampa is on the west coast and Orlando is in the middle of the state.

Never been to Florida hehe not even in the U.S. anymore so I don't feel as ashamed for not knowing my cities hehe

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, Cancun is a beautiful place and I lived and worked there briefly in the 90's which was before my detecting days. I worked at The Omni as a Chef and had a blast while I was there. This thread is still about Cancun eh? If you haven't already go check out the Mayan ruins of Chitzen Itza it's truly a magical place and worth the ride from Cancun.

5.jpg 676586-mayan-ruins-at-chichen-itza-on-a-summer-day.jpg Chichen_Itza.jpg in_mayanruins_1.jpg

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanku Jesse

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Yeah, Cancun is a beautiful place and I lived and worked there briefly in the 90's which was before my detecting days. I worked at The Omni as a Chef and had a blast while I was there. This thread is still about Cancun eh? If you haven't already go check out the Mayan ruins of Chitzen Itza it's truly a magical place and worth the ride from Cancun.

View attachment 871866 View attachment 871867 View attachment 871868 View attachment 871869

I have been here two years, Chitzen Itza has been on my to do list hehe just been procrastinating

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved the area. Sailed there a couple of years ago and stayed at Isla Mujeres. We only went to Cancun for a short time. We had a tour scheduled for Chitzen Itza but everything, and I mean everything, was cancelled due to the outbreak of the pig flu.

Entering Isla Mujeres.JPG

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been here two years, Chitzen Itza has been on my to do list hehe just been procrastinating

I can tell you straight up that it's worth the trip and some of the carvings that are sold by the locals there are incredible and cheap to buy. The tour bus driver will also have a nice big cooler of ice cold beer to keep everyone thoroughly refreshed. The history of the place is amazing and it's a weird feeling looking at the sacrifice altar and wondering how many thousands of people were killed there in order to appease the Gods. Notice the hole in the stone circle is big enough to fit a human head through? It was a game the Mayans used to play with the heads of the sacrificed, I can't remember the name of the game off hand. Go check out the ruins and I promise it will be worth it.

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
I can tell you straight up that it's worth the trip and some of the carvings that are sold by the locals there are incredible and cheap to buy. The tour bus driver will also have a nice big cooler of ice cold beer to keep everyone thoroughly refreshed. The history of the place is amazing and it's a weird feeling looking at the sacrifice altar and wondering how many thousands of people were killed there in order to appease the Gods. Notice the hole in the stone circle is big enough to fit a human head through? It was a game the Mayans used to play with the heads of the sacrificed, I can't remember the name of the game off hand. Go check out the ruins and I promise it will be worth it.

I had plans to go, I'll make my way out there. I was going to go for the snake shadow, did you know ever so often when an eclipse happens the temple creates a shadow of a giant snake running down the temple slowly, cool right hehe

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Awesome vid, and by the looks of it, my timeshare wasn't more than a few hundred yards away. I never took a detector there ,but looking at those videos makes me wonder about MD'g in the surf. Dang, you'd get knocked around.

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Nice videos,

I'll be back in Cancun the week of Christmas and I plan on bringing my Mark II and doing some detecting for the first time. I take the family to the RIU Peninsula so I have a place to stay but I'm looking for someplace different for my solo trips. I'll send you a PM with my number maybe we can hook up.

Thanks for the videos, makes me want to leave now.

Dennis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread