Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Patriot

Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Excalibur 2, CTX 3030 Stealth 720i ,RTG 6" Lesche GS 36 Predator Raptor TRX pp
    2124 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    [QUOTE=LawrencetheMDer The Excalibur when running in All metals mode is a deep detecting machine and I find good targets in the 10 - 13" range that are missed by many other metal detectors.[/QUOTE]

I found that out today, works great!!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by RVRoamer66; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
    Blak bart likes this.
    USMC 67-70/ VN 69-70

"oh.... thot ya wuz whipper-snippering"

us
    beachcomber, treasure hunter, fisherman

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    Mine lab primary fisher secondary
    3837 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wish I would have seen that video along time ago. All my knobs fell off about 2 years ago anyway. Had to epoxy coil back in the shaft when it fell off one day. But I love that machine im not complaining. Its just a tool to me. Like a hammer there are many different brands but they all do the same thing, some a little better than others. My excaliber is my favorite hammer. !!!
    bocaratonmatt78 likes this.

us
    Capt. Chaos

Aug 2012
    Treasure coast
    Mine lab Excalibur 2
    6 times
    Metal Detecting

Excalibur 2 Metal Detector Sounds and Settings

I'm just charging up my new Excalibur now. I look forward to trying out these settings. Great video :-) I'm really a newbie with metal detecting etc. so this has helped a lot.
    Momento Mori

us
    Retired

Apr 2014
    CTX - Excal - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
    975 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good Luck and Safe Hunting...
    Quote Originally Posted by bocaratonmatt78 View Post
    I'm just charging up my new Excalibur now. I look forward to trying out these settings. Great video :-) I'm really a newbie with metal detecting etc. so this has helped a lot.
    bocaratonmatt78 likes this.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran - Retired Fed with 36 years of Service. "Today's the Day...I gotta get out there with my Minelab"

us
    Jan 2016
    Florida East Coast
    Minelab Ctx 3030--Tesoro UMax
    10 times
    I have been using the CTX for a few years and love it but have considered the Excal. Thanks for the video. It's a great help deciding.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, 1265X, Garrett Carrot, Stealth 920iX Keene A52
    12658 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by drafter View Post
    I have been using the CTX for a few years and love it but have considered the Excal. Thanks for the video. It's a great help deciding.
    Drafter, you've been around 9 months with your 5th post! I'm responding to your post mostly because I began my 40 year career in engineering as a draftsman, and very obviously took your username as reference...

I'd advise you to continue considering the Excal. It is a proven force in the water, and I love my CTX. Watch the for sale forums here and you'll see them surface rather often for affordable bucks.

And, I'll throw this in. Get involved here and you'll find friends. You'll also learn more than you can imagine through personal interactions.

Keep the faith! There's wonders to be found.
    slider66 and penzfan like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand Scoop Garrett AT Pro
    1175 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    Drafter, you've been around 9 months with your 5th post! I'm responding to your post mostly because I began my 40 year career in engineering as a draftsman, and very obviously took your username as reference...

I'd advise you to continue considering the Excal. It is a proven force in the water, and I love my CTX. Watch the for sale forums here and you'll see them surface rather often for affordable bucks.

And, I'll throw this in. Get involved here and you'll find friends. You'll also learn more than you can imagine through personal interactions.

Keep the faith! There's wonders to be found.
    Great advise! You really can find some good friends here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DeepseekerADS and penzfan like this.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Sep 2014
    Southern SoCal
    CTX3030, 17" coil, excal 1000, 15 WOT remote PP, str8 shaft
    561 times
    Been a while since I've posted on this thread but now that Ive used the Excal for nearly 2 yrs I have to say it is my preferred machine. I like it even over my CTX. In the water it is a MUST! I use a PP toggle switch and can swap out coils with a quick disconnect. It's a simple machine. Hunt in PP. When you hear a target, switch to discrim. If it hits both ways DIG IT! If you hear faints in PP and nothing in Discrim. Dig a hole or two. Then check again. MANY times an initial tone will change. Also if you're digging a target and suddenly its "GONE" dig another time or two. It most likely will magically re-appear.
    Air testing is VERY different than digging REAL targets that are 10+ inches down. Soil conditions, water action, direction of swing, speed of swing, and what you ate for breakfast can all play in how it "reads" to you. For the most part I've given up on trying to decipher tones other than obvious foil. To me aluminum and pennies and rings all sound the same. I run full volume, full sens, discrim 1 and threshold like an upset mosquito in my ear and hunt in PP and switch on a target to verify. Hope this helps.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23644 times
    Keep if hunting in PP try turning threshold to where if you turn it any lower threshold with disappear, I have found a free many hours of testing by doing this I can hear even deeper targets that I can't hear if you turn the threshold up like the tiny mosquitoes your ear.

I have quarter buried at 18" in my test garden that I can hear with 10" coil this way and if I turn up threshold to like a mosquito I can't hear it, threshold drowns it out.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Sep 2012
    North Carolina
    Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
    115 times
    Good info for the newby. But they need to know in the field it is going to be a learning process. Until you hear these sounds several times in and out of the water you will not remember the tones. Best thing is, if your new dig everything! I repeat dig everything! If I'm having a slow day I will confirm what I think the tone is by digging it anyway. Don't know if you don't dig. Happy hunting everyone.

us
    Mar 2016
    Inverness FL.
    Excal II
    390 times
    I detect in Disc. mode , and dig any tones that don't null out.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    23644 times
    I hunt in PP and then check to see if it is iron, PP is much deeper than disc.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
    cudamark and Blak bart like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Beachcomber, treasure hunter, shelling

Oct 2017
    Palm beach county, fl.
    Minelab go pro 60 Searching for beach machine
    9 times
    Great info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links