Got the new Sand Shark in yesterday, A little prep & its ready for the beach

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Got the new Sand Shark in yesterday, A little prep & it's ready for the beach

Got the new Sand Shark in yesterday did some quick air testing. Installed the new Anderson rod set up along with some other things (changed the foam grip out and added a stand & some protective materials). Now the detector is ready for some beach hunting
mds.gif
Just waiting for a day off
smile.gif

Happy Hunting To All,
beers.gif

Bill G.

Attachments

• Sand Shark 2.jpg
    Sand Shark 2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 119
  • Sand Shark 3.jpg
    Sand Shark 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 121
  • sand shark 17.jpg
    sand shark 17.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice set up. Got a Sand Shark myself, although mine is a bit older and shows lots of wear...

Get ready to dig!

Do you have a sturdy scoop, like the Stealth? (with magnets in it)

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Very nice set up. Got a Sand Shark myself, although mine is a bit older and shows lots of wear...

Get ready to dig!

Do you have a sturdy scoop, like the Stealth? (with magnets in it)

Thanks G.I.B

I have a good RTG 41" handle scoop on the way it will be here friday. Still need to find the magnets, any ideas or sources for them that you know of ??. I will not be hunting reel deep into the surf as I do not swim well.

Take Care,
Bill G
:occasion14:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Bill,
Congratulations on the new S.S. Have fun! Just use the rare earth magnets from an old hard drive. You don't have to remove them from the plate they are attached to as that is used to attach to the bottom of your scoop.
magnet-in-scoop.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Magnets

I use a couple of these- For the scoop

Use good stainless steel mounting screws, and they will last forever. If you get the non-coated magnets, they will only last one season and then they start coming apart. (experience)

To make sure it's real stainless steel (lot's of Home Depot's and the like sell them wonderful China products) so the hardware is junk and will rust, so test the bolts with your fancy new magnets. Good stainless will act no different than the wooden scoop handle to a magnet.

I've not tried RustyGold's magnets... How long do they last with salt water Rusty?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Magnets

I use a couple of these- For the scoop

Use good stainless steel mounting screws, and they will last forever. If you get the non-coated magnets, they will only last one season and then they start coming apart. (experience)

To make sure it's real stainless steel (lot's of Home Depot's and the like sell them wonderful China products) so the hardware is junk and will rust, so test the bolts with your fancy new magnets. Good stainless will act no different than the wooden scoop handle to a magnet.

I've not tried RustyGold's magnets... How long do they last with salt water Rusty?

Sorry about my slow reply G.I.B.! I'm just getting used to navigating the forum and missed the question!

The coated magnets may last longer (the ones in the picture) than magnets without the coating! I haven't used the uncoated mags but did see where they looked black and a little rough! I have only just begun so have not had enough time with it to say how long they will last. Discarded or recycled computers are a cheap, if not free, source for these incredible magnets! As always handle these things with great care!
HH!
RG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread