Had to modify my detector stand I put on my new Sand Shark it was hitting my fingers

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Had to modify the White's TDS detector stand I put on my Sand Shark and Anderson straight rod. My finger tips were hitting the wing nut and pinch bolt assembly when swinging the unit ( this was slightly uncomfortable ) So I drilled and ran a bolt and lock nut through it after cutting the fingers that held the pinch bolt and wig nut assembly down (see before & after pic's) Now the stand is secure without the tips and wing nut sticking up in the way. I covered the head of the nut on top side with some soft industrial Velcro making it nice, soft and smooth for the finger tips. Also the stand now looks better and will not spin sideways at all (before if you pushed slightly firm on the stand it would spin to the side now it will not as it is bolted in place) I also changed the grip the rubber one was spinning and not tight enough so I put the foam grip back on and covered it with cork handle bar ribbon the same material used on road bicycles. The cork ribbon keeps the sand out of the foam grips pours and it is easier to clean does not get as grungy.

Happy Hunting to all,
Bill G

Attachments

• Sand Shark 2.jpg
    Sand Shark 2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 105
  • Sand Shark 4.jpg
    Sand Shark 4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 111
  • sand shark 20.jpg
    sand shark 20.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 110