Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday I didn't feel enthusiastic about any of my local beaches so I decided to go a bit farther out ... just about another 3 miles more than usual . Goes to show you that a change up is sometimes needed.

It was tedious in the beginning..lots of aluminum trash.. but I felt there was potential doing the wet sand slope. After a quiet first hour .. my older son called me. I usually turn off my Dual Field and sit down. When I ended the conversation I turned the machine back on ... and either concentrated more or had a slightly better setting .. but I started to hear tiny whisper signals where the first hour almost nothing. The first batch of deepies consisted of older dimes from the 70's and 80's. These were in groups of 20' diameter pockets. I started getting quarters too and an occasional nickel. Of course it's not so bad to get coins ... but ultimately that's not "What I'm Looking For" ... the coins are an indication that rings/jewelery of gold or silver might be there.

Well, the coins started petering out (or I was getting tired and not listening as intently) so without any rings or jewelery I decide to head back... maybe about 3/4 mile. I decided the top of the slope flat area might hold a surprise or two. After about 20 minutes of many bottle caps, this for sure bottle cap turned into a gold ring! It was only about 3" deep and sounded off almost exactly like the typical bottle caps. Felt real good carrying the heft of that ring. It's most likely 14K but the stamp is so deeply recessed that I can't quite make it out. I'll see how a photo does.

Yep, looks like 14K (I was kinda hoping for 18K or PLAT) at 7.7 grams. I also got about 26 dimes and 13 quarters and a handful of nickels plus an LA transit token. Pennies not too bad...maybe about 15.

Attachments

• Gold 23 Oct 7.7g sm.jpg
    Gold 23 Oct 7.7g sm.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!! Good luck next hunts:2barsgold:

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're on fire!! I see thew smoke all the way to Florida!! Congrats! Ray