Scoop advice?

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reilly's treasured gold (rtg) in pompano beach fl.

Have aluminum water scoops with stainless steel tips that would probably do just fine!
I love their products, built to last!

Last edited:

RobSFRD

Jun 5, 2013
Urbana,Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all great water and sand scoops. Trust me, they don't work on bedrock streams and rivers.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Stealth would be to long for your needs. the aluminum RTG with a SS tip is a good suggestion. No matter what you use its going to take a beating in those conditions. If you arent in the water id use a shovel .... possibly the ditch digging one with holes for drainage. You are going to put a lot of torque so im not sure one of the larger 8" would hold up. Also take a look at the rounding of the nose on the scoop you plan to copy..... they tend to roll on you in hard pan, shells, and rocks.

dew

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Make several heavy duty scoops.

Send them to me for testing.

I'll send you evaluation reports discussing the pro's and con's of each scoop. You should be able to make a better scoop because of the properly conducted research.

Oh, and it needs to be better than what I already have, the Stealth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread