On the books for November

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
with a little 10k ID bracelet....and I do mean small... This must have been off of a child, I don't think it could go around a silver dollar.
Went out last night to have some uninterupted testing of the CTX. I had been wondering if it was not working right since I hadn't been getting any small finds.... well, I slowed down my swing some and made sure I was overlapping my swings..... I started digging small stuff, pieces of stud earrings, metal sequences, tiny rivets.... all making me feel much better with the CTX.... then I got a soft midtone, right next to a target I had just dug, meter said 4" deep so I dug a half scoop and there it was....4.7 grams of 10k to start off November.
Its out there, just hard to find..... go slow and listen, you will find it.....
HH and GL
Cliff

Attachments

• 2013-11-01 07.03.43.jpg
    2013-11-01 07.03.43.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 2013-11-01 08.13.09.jpg
    2013-11-01 08.13.09.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
Upvote 0

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like a little glimmer of gold to brighten the day. Or in this case the night. I found a charm from a bracelet a few days back and it turned out to a Russian gold endless knot charm from Alex & Ani. Looked on Wikipedia and found that that type of gold commonly (for rose gold as they said) has 75% gold, 25% copper. Red gold was 50-50. Awesome find with the 10K!!:icon_thumleft:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start for the month, congrats! HH!

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find congrats everybody that I come across metal detecting they are swinging way too fast thinking they are covering more ground good luck on your next hunt

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They always use to say, when you think your going slow go slower, nice finds Cliff Well your doing alright with that machine, great find, HH

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing, I'm trying to learn all I can reading post on here and yours was very helpful.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd you keep the matches dry so you could see what you doing? Nice way to start Nov. The Slower the More'er. Good trick.

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
How'd you keep the matches dry so you could see what you doing? Nice way to start Nov. The Slower the More'er. Good trick.

No problem keeping the matches dry, it was burning my fingers that bothered me most! :dontknow:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Thanks for sharing, I'm trying to learn all I can reading post on here and yours was very helpful.

Lots to learn on here, many quality hunters using a variety of machines that post here. Ultimately though, it is quality time on the machine that is the best teacher.

Cliff

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Great job Cliff!!!

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I new you were silent too long!! I was thinking, now why don't he write!! WTG, I knew it would take you long. Yes I agree, Les taught me, Low tide, slow swing, in deep!! Lately I've been making sure I'm lightly scraping the bottom also. Ray

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score...not much gold being found lately...congrats.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow and steady finds the gold. Nice find on the gold bracelet. Having a coil cover helps, I like to let my coil get as close to the ground as possible when hunting on land, and just skim it on the bottom at the river. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions