Targets are scarce but I got one good one

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good enough that it has to be my best men's ring find this year. Been doing alot of testing and adjusting to the CTX lately, but today, nothing seemed to get the targets to speak up, I'm glad this one did... 15.6 grams of 14k, 5 diamonds (not sure of their size).
Had the good fortune to share this experience with Harold today. Thanks for being there Harold, next time, you will get the gold.

Other finds were some canslaw, small wire ring, 2 quarters, 6 pennies and one spark plug....not much for over 4 hours of hunting.....we are sanded in down here BUT there are some spots that will let the gold sound off....you just have to be persistant and cover some ground! Now go out and get some!!

HH and GL all
Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_1619sm.jpg
    IMG_1619sm.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1621sm.jpg
    IMG_1621sm.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a ring Cliff! WTG

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was nice hunting with you Cliff today, i didn't find much but you sure scored a nice one, i told you it would be over 11 grams and wait till you clean them five diamonds up they will reallly sparkle, right place right time, let me know when you have it checked out, the carat size and all, great haul today maybe the next time we both will find something. HH

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Nice meeting you today , I did't stay to long .i guess I should have stayed longer. Nice find for sure!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow and good for you! That is a nice one!
Harold, it's your turn next time.
We're sanded in pretty bad over here too, but the winds are ripping today!
Good luck and HH!

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Nice meeting you today , I did't stay to long .i guess I should have stayed longer. Nice find for sure!

Well, now it is all coming together.... I've got a face for the Forum name now! It was nice meeting you too.....

Cliff

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Well, now it is all coming together.... I've got a face for the Forum name now! It was nice meeting you too..... Cliff
Cliff what kind of numbers did you get on the ctx? I had a ctx in the car just havn 't got use to using it that much . I need to take it out more and use it.

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Cliff what kind of numbers did you get on the ctx? I had a ctx in the car just havn 't got use to using it that much . I need to take it out more and use it.

I never looked at the screen on that target! When I have my snorkel and mask, I don't have my glasses on and can't see so I go by tone... I can however see the numbers underwater using my mask....I just didn't put the mask on to read it... the ring tested at home (air test) a 12-22 through a 12-37 (penny)....it gave a two tones out in the water, a high tone and a mid tone...I figured it was canslaw but since my swing arm was tired and I hadn't dug much, I figured what the He!!, I'm glad I dug. The air test at home also gives two tones dependant on how the ring is presented to the coil.... the square face gives off the high tone....(white gold?) and passing the ring parallel to the coil gives off two tones. Quite odd I thought but I'll take it.

Cliff

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"White gold" almost always sound different to me on my Excal, just something about it that is very distinct. Nice chunker! :icon_thumleft:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly Cliff! What a piece. You know why I couldn't make it, but, not next time. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice find! The way you displayed it in the shell is great. Good job man...I know there's something like that over here in Redondo. :)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't get a good one, you got a great one...nice chunk of 14k...congrats.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never looked at the screen on that target! When I have my snorkel and mask, I don't have my glasses on and can't see so I go by tone... I can however see the numbers underwater using my mask....I just didn't put the mask on to read it... the ring tested at home (air test) a 12-22 through a 12-37 (penny)....it gave a two tones out in the water, a high tone and a mid tone...I figured it was canslaw but since my swing arm was tired and I hadn't dug much, I figured what the He!!, I'm glad I dug. The air test at home also gives two tones dependant on how the ring is presented to the coil.... the square face gives off the high tone....(white gold?) and passing the ring parallel to the coil gives off two tones. Quite odd I thought but I'll take it.

Cliff
I got a 14k ring this year that is a mid tone the first 6 inches from the coil and a high tone from 6 to 12 inches. I got another 14k that jumps back and forth from mid to high tone every time I swipe it, just like a nickel, on my CZ21. All the other gold rings Ive found ring a solid mid tone on my CZ. Oh yeah, I got a large 10k band last year that is a solid high tone...the only solid high tone gold Ive ever found.

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I got a 14k ring this year that is a mid tone the first 6 inches from the coil and a high tone from 6 to 12 inches. I got another 14k that jumps back and forth from mid to high tone every time I swipe it, just like a nickel, on my CZ21. All the other gold rings Ive found ring a solid mid tone on my CZ. Oh yeah, I got a large 10k band last year that is a solid high tone...the only solid high tone gold Ive ever found.

Yeah, that is very typical with the CZ, I think it has to do with the tone break locations on the machine and how the ring (target) fits in with them... which answers my question as to why it did it on the CTX..... I have the tones set up similar to a CZ right now... thanks for spurring my brain cells to work on the answer! LOL

Cliff

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
WOWWIE!!!

Cdv1, that is a dazzler of a ring!

That's it! I'm moving to Florida... pronto:hello:

Lorraine

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the 14K ring. WTG. It seems the ones I always have second thoughts about digging are the best targets.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! That's gorgeous and you could share the experience. :notworthy: :notworthy: :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread