Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey guys

I love metal detecting don't get me wrong but second favorite hobby is drawing! Any artists in the house?

I just finished making my first website ever, I'll be able to offer my caricature drawings to everyone

http://www.fifteendollardeals.com

If anyone could please review my site and offer any constructive criticism I would really appreciate it, I know their is more I can do but I don't have an eye for web design.

Let me know what you think !
Happy Huntings

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
How cool, you have a talent there, congrats. The web site is clean and simple, I like that, you can always add more examples or fresh ones as time goes on. I also draw when I can make time to do it although I have no where near the talent that you show in your drawings.

Cliff

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesomer! I can draw a somewhat square circle...if that makes any sense, which it never has. :laughing7:

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
How cool, you have a talent there, congrats. The web site is clean and simple, I like that, you can always add more examples or fresh ones as time goes on. I also draw when I can make time to do it although I have no where near the talent that you show in your drawings.

Cliff

Thank you both, I appreciate the kind words!

I wanted to keep the look clean and simple for the holiday seasons!

When I have someone actually place an order It'll be my first! Then I'll start adding more before and after's like you suggested. Great idea!

I have a cute friend of my mine, she's going to shoot a short recommendation video for me!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Looks good to me. Fair price, good quality. Get the word passed around on Facebook or other social media. Christmas is coming and they might make a good gift for someone.

Beach Papa

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Looks good to me. Fair price, good quality. Get the word passed around on Facebook or other social media. Christmas is coming and they might make a good gift for someone.

Beach Papa

That's what I was thinking, make a Facebook post for my friends and family to see. I have this website but I don't know ANYTHING about promoting it, I don't know, should I hand out flyers? Lol, I'm clueless!

Thank you for saying it's a fair price, and good quality. Those kind words make me feel good about my project, like it could succeed!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work.

I have done a lot of charcoal, pen & ink, watercolor, and tons of photography. I also have authored five books and written thousands of published articles. My photographs have been published more times than I can count. My favorite visual art works are a combination of pen & ink with watercolor. I should also mention that I am a calligrapher and also incorporate that with my graphic design work. I made the logo for Ukulele Player Magazine with my own font (made from my calligraphy). Here is Ukulele Player Magazine's logo on the download site: http://www.tricornpublications.com/uke_player.htm

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi Jesse,

Very nice website ... I tried to find a way on your website to contact you with questions prior to paying and your "contact me" does not appear to work. Also, if you do color, you could list prices for that.
It look like your ready to go worldwide on eBay if you have that much time to draw ... Awesome Job!!

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
-
Hi Jesse,

Very nice website ... I tried to find a way on your website to contact you with questions prior to paying and your "contact me" does not appear to work. Also, if you do color, you could list prices for that.
It look like your ready to go worldwide on eBay if you have that much time to draw ... Awesome Job!!

THANK YOU!! You made a very valid point, the reason my info is not shown is because of spammers, my info is released AFTER payment is received so we can begin communications with a real person! Instead of receiving spam from some person who just took my e-mail address, I am going to change the contact me to explain in further detail why I'm not showing my information!

I do use color, its 19.99, 5 dollars more for the extra work, I tried setting that up to where you could select but the box wasn't showing right.

Thank you for the insightful advice, I will explain in further detail under contact me how to contact me and why I don't just yet disclose my information

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
-
Hi Jesse,

EDIT::

I just changed it all together, I now list my customer service e-mail address [email protected], that was people can email with questions. After they pay the receipt provided by Paypal shows this email address too, maybe I should change the e-mail address? I want one address to receive customer questions like you had and another to be the secret email you send you photo too!

Regardless, I am very pleased with the results I'm having from this thread, I don't mean sales, I havnt made 1 sale from my site that's not the purpose of this thread but rather trial and error what you guys see. Your already helping so thank you very much!

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi Again Jesse,

I thought of something else. I'm sure that most people would like the original art work and would be willing to pay more for it ... Maybe you could give people an option to pay for mailing plus maybe a handling fee. That will give you several ways to make even more for your art. Who Knows, you just may become famous an that original art could be worth big bucks down the road.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Jesse, you are very talented!

Nice job on the website..and I love that little dog!:hello2:

Lorraine

OP
OP
J

jesse09

Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Jesse, you are very talented!

Nice job on the website..and I love that little dog!:hello2:

Lorraine

You should have seen the original photo, very cute!

Thanks, I feel like the site is lacking though, idk, I wish I was better with computers !

harryst

Oct 1, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great and a great price open a face book page to help spread the word. Selling artwork is not easy but you are off to a good start with a good price point. I wish you the best.

www.harrystoiber.com

Harry

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Maybe have a drawing of a famous person so every one can tell you have the skill to make it look like them. I am in Italy now and have seen many caricature artist at the squares with drawings of Obama and Elvis on display. This shows their accuracy of the drawing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread