whites question

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
I'm looking at a Whites Treasuremaster PI1000 underwater detector and couldn't find any info on it. I will be detecting the shallow waters of the Cape Fear river around Southport.I've got a small 2" dredge and will suck up every good hit I get into a wire mesh basket. Do these underwater machines discriminate or are they all metal? The area is pretty trashy. There used to be a warf and big pear out over the water for several blocks. The beach area has been cleaned out but I'll bet there is a lot underwater.
Thanks RK

Upvote 0

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
You can go online to White's website and download the instruction manual for that detector.
It should have all the information in the manual on using the PI 1000.

Dimeman

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
RK I have a P1000. It was my 1st water machine. It has unbleivable depth. But no it does't discrmate. I'm not sure I want to sell mine though. I got more old gold rings with that machine than any other. I'm going to get a Excalibur1000. If it is better than my old PI1000 I will sell it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were you I would nix the idea of using the 2 inch dredge. Permits may be required even for recreational dredging. Besides it clouds the water and you will have a hard time covering your holes. Unless you are in deep water where the damage doesn't show, skip the dredge.

As for the old PI 1000, the newer ones are much better and last longer on batteries. None of the PI's discriminater very well.

N

NCTom

Hey I know the area you are talking about I think that is a great idea about the under water machine. I was thinking about it myself. I hunt the beack front and still get a few ods and ends

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Sandman is right. My PI1000 batterys [ alkline] 6aa only last 6 hr. But It always paid for the batterys and most of the time the machine , in gold rings. Deep old gold. You do have to go deep with it. Sometimes a ring some times a nail.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you still want a PI but need discrimination try the Infinium LS by Garrett.

Ed D.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am also looking for a Whites PI 1000 for my underwater ROV , I would think about the Minelab Excalibur I bought mine new in around 8 yrs ago and took quite good care of it. I put it away for a few months and all the covering on the coil lead broke off in pieces. I took care as to insure nothing like this would happen to the cables. Well I contacted Minelab and they told me it would cost around $400 to repair. go ahead trust minelab when they get a few years on it. Go for Whites my Surf PI's case broke (my fault) and filled with sea water, I called Whites and they had a rebuild kit they called it for $200. Sent the totaled Surf PI in and to my amazement I received a new detector . WOW GO FOR WHITES, or spend big bucks on a Minelab

Harvest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread