Hookah Recommendations

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I purchased mine last week what I got was the keen engineering set up very light weight cost 11 hundred with out reserve tank and air lines. Ok the good part Keen has a newer design air pump 2 divers to 20 feet is what I've read on the web. I spoke with one prospector and he told me they were diving 30' two divers with it. I chose a Honda 2.5 horse motor. I've always liked Hondas for the low oil shut off won't burn up your motor. The name of the pump is the KAC1 I think. total weight around 27 pounds. I purchased mine through Jerry at Black Sheep mining in Sacramento.

Update
I hope this new compressor is better than the service I got from Keen Engineering. Its been a pain in the rear No protective cover for inner tube my local mining store wasn't aware that Keen quit selling them 12 years ago. Freak in brilliant I am not diving the ocean I am diving ponds and rivers in CA with plenty of things to pop a tube. next Keen forgot to drill holes in the base plate so I am unable to mount it to the float platform. I will say the mining shop striped everything off and drilled the holes with a 1/8 '' to spare on the out side of the aluminum base plate. Basically Keen cut the base plate to narrow lastly no owners manual on compressor or motor from Keen. Oops one more thing the mining store told me all you have to do now is cut the belt guard so it will fit on the float tube. I am not trying to piece together anything or be a mechanic I put down hundred dollar bills and expected to get a quality system

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're mad that a company doesn't have replacement parts for something they discontinued 12 years ago? Good lord, if you are using ancient gear, the upkeep is on you! There is a reason they stopped using tire tubes for flotation!

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're mad that a company doesn't have replacement parts for something they discontinued 12 years ago? Good lord, if you are using ancient gear, the upkeep is on you! There is a reason they stopped using tire tubes for flotation!

Every thing I bought was new as of 2 weeks ago. All current isues

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent, I hope you can report back and let us know how it works out.

Hi Scanman well so far I've used the kAC 3 or 4 times 3 to 6 hrs per day I dive for golf ball full time. The unit is great to work with super light I carry pump and motor in one hand and float in the other. And that's just sweet. No issues with performance although I haven't gone below 15' or worked it very hard. The issue I am having is the orange plastic cover is breaking where it covers the fan shaft. I believe the shaft is rubbing the inside of the plastic causing a white powder build up on the cover. All cosmetic for now but I want my gear looking good as well not little bits and pieces broken. This weekend I am thinking of testing its depth at a local lake where I detect from 5 to 42 feet. I dive with scuba gear and the hookah regulator just to see how deep the KAC can pump. Hopefully I don't max it out.

Back to one of my earlier gripes I have no paperwork on compressor I was able to gather off the net that max rpm is 2400 on compressor and that wasn't from keen. Mark Keen told the local mine shop don't turn the motor up more than half way. It would be nice to have a owners manual and a rpm gauge to max it out and not damage it.
I will use my go pro and get a video of the adventure.

Anybody with more info on KAC or where I can get a cover for Keens float I would appreciate it

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hows this for a hookah.

images.jpeg

Sorry guys couldnt resist,please proceed.

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever tried hooking up a 5/8" or 3/4" garden hose to an innertube at one end to keep the hose out of the water and a snorkel at the other end. I'm ONLY talking about diving down 6'-8', that's all ?

I was thinking about giving it a try this coming Summer. If something like this would work it would be all I would need for getting to those spots that are just out of reach at low tide and wouldn't have to dive that deep.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever tried hooking up a 5/8" or 3/4" garden hose to an innertube at one end to keep the hose out of the water and a snorkel at the other end. I'm ONLY talking about diving down 6'-8', that's all ?

I was thinking about giving it a try this coming Summer. If something like this would work it would be all I would need for getting to those spots that are just out of reach at low tide and wouldn't have to dive that deep.

Won't work. The water pressure is too much for your lungs after you get more than about 12 inches under water.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever tried hooking up a 5/8" or 3/4" garden hose to an innertube at one end to keep the hose out of the water and a snorkel at the other end. I'm ONLY talking about diving down 6'-8', that's all ? I was thinking about giving it a try this coming Summer. If something like this would work it would be all I would need for getting to those spots that are just out of reach at low tide and wouldn't have to dive that deep.
This reminds me of Wiley coyote on Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show. It may work if you get a hose that comes in an "Ajax" box. Lol. Seriously though, just duct tape a piece of one inch PVC on a regular snorkel and you'll see really quickly why it doesn't work. I grew up on a lake and think I remember experimenting with this when I was a kid.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opps Scanman I didn't see you were replying with a quote

No problem, I look forward to any video adventure's with your setup. Hope you find parts you need.

Scanman

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah - and good luck with THAT!!!

OP
OP
R.Danneskjold

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent, I hope you can report back and let us know how it works out.

I will. Air Line is an awesome company. Put mine on hold with a minor deposit, EXCELLENT customer service. I will certainly update when mine arrives.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever tried hooking up a 5/8" or 3/4" garden hose to an innertube at one end to keep the hose out of the water and a snorkel at the other end. I'm ONLY talking about diving down 6'-8', that's all ? I was thinking about giving it a try this coming Summer. If something like this would work it would be all I would need for getting to those spots that are just out of reach at low tide and wouldn't have to dive that deep.

Ah no that doesn't work!
Tried that when I was a kid 20 years ago.
All you get is the same air moving back and forth with every breath, fresh air not reached do to used air being supplied first, just like breathing in a paper bag.
This is why snorkels are always made a standard length or why you must pump new air continuously and exhaust the used air through a air line system.
Be careful in experimenting if you do because not only the water can kill you but used air that countians no oxygen as well!
These things have been thought through many years ago and you can be sure people in this type of business have came up with all theories on "how to" so if it doesn't exist in the market then it doesn't work!
Be safe!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those covert ops.... the navy seal recirculating snorkel....

snorkel-rebreather.jpg

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Find: Red James cash;
Were you using a PI or VLF detector and what were your settings?
Did you log this digger in your data base under Platinm, Gold, or Silver?

Good to know that I am not color blind, and have no problem with reading the first line of the eye chart
but having difficulty reading the bottom lines, so I suspect that the devil may be in the details?

Gotta go, need to get to Wally Mart to buy new reading glasses before traffic builds.

Hows this for a hookah.

View attachment 924475

Sorry guys couldnt resist,please proceed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread