Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own 4 detectors, Just before Christmas my AT PRO went into the shop, On the 12/23/2013 I went to the beach and my sand shark stopped working, I went back to the truck to get an other detector and would you believe my Tiger shark won't turn on. I call Tesoro and they are close until Jan. 2, 2014 So now out of 4 ,3 are down . My sea hunter MK2 still works. And to top this all off I ended up with the Stomach Flu on Christmas Day, so now I am still fighting the flu. Maybe next year will be better . Happy New Year Everyone.

Upvote 0

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man........some tuff luck. Sorry to hear about all that. Happier days on the horizon though I'm sure.....TR

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ron, I'm sorry for your troubles with the detectors, and on top of that, coming down with the flu.

I sincerely hope that you will be totally recovered ASAP , and that those detectors will be in fine working order ASAP

Lorraine

doggie resting.jpg

Last edited:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer Ron! You can come to TN and grab my Shark, she still fires up, course, she's a bit dusty! :p

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, that is some bad luck Ron!! I hope you and your machines start feeling better soon!

Here's a little bit of Jeopardy knowledge for you, even though they can be devastating, the so called Stomach Flu isn't actually caused by the influenza virus. It's most commonly caused by rotavirus which is good because influenza virus is over 1,000 times more deadly.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really bad luck! Sure you didn't find an unlucky penny?? :evil7: Last month, while I was out detecting, I recovered an early 1800's penny, when suddenly, my front tooth that I had a root canal procedure on many years ago, just fell out, as I rubbed the coin checking for a date! Thought about throwing it away...since that was just weird...Kept it anyway...Just coincidence? Dunno... Anyway, hope you have better luck in 2014 and a Happy New Year!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that bug last thurs. supposed to be 24 hr kind - lasted till sunday night - so I missed out on food from a bunch of parties - then got tooth pulled
on Monday and could not eat on Christmas eve and Christmas day - still in pain - and I share your pain

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAMN!..>When it rains it pours...Sorry to hear my freind..what was your isssue with the ATP?

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wow Ron! That is one of the sadest Christmas stories a detectorist could ever hear. I am sure you are upset over so many detectors going down at one time. Might be a good time, while you are in bed sick, to check out the detector ads for a back up, back up, back up machine. Just in case one is ever needed. What better excuse to buy another detector. But if that one last machine goes down before you can get the others fixed, just drop me a line and I will gladly loan you one of my water machines. Come to think of it I only have three back up water machines myself. Maybe I should be looking at the detector ads too. Never a bad time to try out something new. Hope you feel better.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you feel better Ron. I can relate on the MD'ing part though. Had a terrible day at the beach myself. Parking meter stole $7.00 in quarters, ended up costing $14 to park for 4 hours. Lost my glasses in the rough surf. Didn't find anything but can slaw, bottle caps, fishing weights, tent stakes and zincolns. Batteries went dead on the Sand Shark, had extras but it was a mile hike back to the truck to get them. Stopped at a park on the way home to hit a tot lot and the toggle on the M6 was broke. To top it all off i'm still waiting on a check from a job I did almost 5 weeks ago. I'm glad I didn't need it for Christmas. The good things are, I still got my health and Christmas was spent with close friends and family.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Dag Ron You had some bad luck buddy, hope the New Year Brings many treasures!!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it doesn't pay to leave the house. My At/Pro conked out on me yesterday and I had left my spare GTI-2500 at home. Today I took my Mama to hospital today for some tests and she couldn't eat anything after midnight. We went and got some breakfast and I got a 1969-s penny in my change and was going to come home and check it under the magnifying glass for error coin and left it on the table. If somebody in Tifton, Ga comes up with a 1969-s error coin, I think I will kick myself. Thank God I don't have the flu and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow bad karma or what? Best wishes for all of you TH'ers and detectors that are ailing !
And I thought snow was bad!

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the song says "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug". Hope everyone who is ailing gets better soon and has a great New Year :icon_queen:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i though getting divorced this month was bad. Felt like Fri the 13th, not 2013 didnt it Ron? On the bright side.... like you said one of your detectors is working and hopefully the others have good warranties. We will have a better year next year.

Dew

NCGREG

Oct 6, 2013
Coastal Plains
Detector(s) used
EXCAL II BHID DFX MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own 4 detectors, Just before Christmas my AT PRO went into the shop, On the 12/23/2013 I went to the beach and my sand shark stopped working, I went back to the truck to get an other detector and would you believe my Tiger shark won't turn on. I call Tesoro and they are close until Jan. 2, 2014 So now out of 4 ,3 are down . My sea hunter MK2 still works. And to top this all off I ended up with the Stomach Flu on Christmas Day, so now I am still fighting the flu. Maybe next year will be better . Happy New Year Everyone.

I feel your pain Ron. I don't have the flue and my machines are working, but I've pulled a muscle in my left shoulder and it is giving me a heck of a fit. I was planning to catch the low tides the first of the week, but man..I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything until I can get over this set back.

Hang in there pal, it will get better.

Greg

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain Ron. I don't have the flue and my machines are working, but I've pulled a muscle in my left shoulder and it is giving me a heck of a fit. I was planning to catch the low tides the first of the week, but man..I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything until I can get over this set back.

Hang in there pal, it will get better.

Greg
Try ALEVE , work for me .

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you and the Tesoros get better soon. They are generally such reliable guys.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope the new year treats us all better. GL & HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread