Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg
The beach looked great for a couple days at low tide, but the only things I was able to was a pocket full of clad and 2 bangle type bracelets. Both rang up a 12-44/45 on the Etrac, seem to be copper or brass with plating at one time. Happy new year to all and HH.

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That looks like a terrific area to hunt...go back there.

Lorraine

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a longggg stretch of beach,,HH:icon_thumright:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing anything about that beach I'd stay right over those rippled slopes and rippled bars, pretty much the same effect as a sluice box. Also the first few feet of the smoother slopes just above the ripples and the first couple of feet into the water. I'd just keep working that long trench in a tight back and forth pattern, from the top of the slope to the first couple of feet of water. If that beach is used much at all there has to be gold there.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be there at LEAST 8-10 hours a day. Bring my cooler with drink & food, have all my necessities, and would be in hog heaven! Dang......

OP
OP
firemac

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing anything about that beach I'd stay right over those rippled slopes and rippled bars, pretty much the same effect as a sluice box. Also the first few feet of the smoother slopes just above the ripples and the first couple of feet into the water. I'd just keep working that long trench in a tight back and forth pattern, from the top of the slope to the first couple of feet of water. If that beach is used much at all there has to be gold there.
That's right big scoop, all my keeper finds were in the ripples and just on the landward side of them. The cuts and ripples went for a mile or two each direction , it's been a good beach, if I can get down there at the right time.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is swinging heaven there! Listen to the advice and SCORE!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be there at LEAST 8-10 hours a day. Bring my cooler with drink & food, have all my necessities, and would be in hog heaven! Dang......

Are you all warm and toasty up there? :laughing7: Or are you back down here? But seriously, if you are up north stay inside and keep that fire roasting. :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the low spots, it's there keep MD'ing! GL HH!

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you all warm and toasty up there? :laughing7: Or are you back down here? But seriously, if you are up north stay inside and keep that fire roasting. :thumbsup:

I was out detecting last week bigscoop. Used my new Garrett Pro Pointer, what a difference! Just got a new 5X8 coil for the AT Pro and looking forward to use, but it sure has to warm up first. Thinking about going ice fishing now! My son wants me to come for a visit and I actually just re-found a long lost friend from high school that lives in Boca Raton that I'd love to see, so a visit might be soon! Am keeping my feeties warm!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread